Security Installer Community

5.30 Am

brizee

i got aphone call at 5.30 am from a private saying alarm goin off and cant stop it, said theyve disconnected panel battery and mains and it still rings. i get there at 6.30 to find theyve cut all the cables outside the panel, blown all the fuses cos the didnt wanna wake the neighbours. when i pull up , only the alarm of the house opposite is ringing. turns out it wasnt theirs at all.

didnt charge for repairs, just made sure everyone they knew heard about it.

You should have charged for the repair

cost of new bits,

voiding the waranty/maintanance contract due to unauthorised opening,

you could have also replaced the panel due to unknown damage caused by the above,

LESSON to be LEARNT

if in doubt Call the engineer out let the alarm time out DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO TRY AND FIX IT YOUR SELF :bruce_h4h:

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

!!! CHARGE !!!

if they are stupid enough not to notice it is not their alarm and are stupid enough to cut all the cables going to panel (including 230VAC?!?) thay HAVE TO BE CHARGED AT LEAST FOR STUPIDITY!!!!!!!

i got aphone call at 5.30 am from a private saying alarm goin off and cant stop it, said theyve disconnected panel battery and mains and it still rings. i get there at 6.30 to find theyve cut all the cables outside the panel, blown all the fuses cos the didnt wanna wake the neighbours. when i pull up , only the alarm of the house opposite is ringing. turns out it wasnt theirs at all.

didnt charge for repairs, just made sure everyone they knew heard about it.

early days got called out on a bell not stopping - same as you all cables ripped out, but it was the door bell button stuck in :rolleyes:

yes i did charge them, because it was really total stupidity brought on by panic on their part.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ALSEC

I had a call once from a customer at 0730 on a sunday morning - he wanted to change the system time! I politely told him to read the fu%$ing user manual and get a life!!

Archived