Security Installer Community

Gardtech 370

binthere

We have all the other Gardtech Manual's but not the Gardtech 370 manual, a customer we have taken over has this panel with the 580 K/P.

Previous installer died.

Can anyone help please.

We need to change code by complete reset if necessary, as we do not know master user code.

Guest rjbsec
"We do not give out Alarm Engineer/Installer manuals, to avoid offence please do not ask us to supply them"

Thanks for your help you must be a likeable type of company, and if that is the case and you quote from the installers bible perhaps you might know a ressurection company WHERE WE CAN COMMUNICATE WITH THE INSTALLER.as we are not gardtech registered because we find their panels NOT user friendly, i.e to reset push code umpteen times, and push '0' to leave etc.

we find their panels NOT user friendly
:hmm:

I've fitted about 1000 Gardtec panels, 350,370,500,580,800,816,840 etc, never once has anyone stated they were user un-friendly.?

The 370 you have is very simillar to the early 580 series, infact the user guide is the same. If you have the 580 install manual, then the defaulting is more or less the same on the 370. Have a think about using "Link 2".?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

:hmm:

Thankyou mate for the advice we have the 580 panel manual.

Sorry but we have found that compared to other panels gardtech are not user friendly, I will give an example:

An elderly lady living on her own and you are giving customer instruction's i.e on the way you reset an alarm system after an activation " push the code to stop the alarm then check zone then push code to start again then push code to stop the alarm this resets the system"WHAT!!!

Yes we the experts know it's easy but think carefully "Do they" especially as you have made a good installation and it does not activate for several months, and they forget.

Sorry to say it is far easier to say "if the alarm activates just push the code to stop the NOISE then push the reset button " I have found that most of our 1100 customers would prefer it EVEN easier.

Also all those stupid characters on the Gardtech K/P which the customer has to refer to the user manual to decipher AND as normal has probably lost the user instructions.

How many times have your customers lost the P/A key and swear blind you never gave it to them!!

I'm sorry to say with most customers they prefer 'the easier the better' in fact that will happen in the not to distant future.

Even alarm engineers forget when programminig that '0' means leaving programming.

What I would really appreciate is you say programming is more or less the same how close is that, all I need to recover is the Boss user code,to change the user code, as no doubt next year we will dump the panel as the existing customer is from a house where we have fitted an easier panel and his family have alredy said it is not 'user friendly'especially after the type we use.

I have been in the burglary industry for 36 years, but am still learning and do not know it all, thats why I thankyou for your advice, which was more helpful than other stupid unhelpful quotes.

And I bet because you are helpful you probably do not need to advertise as work comes TO YOU and that is why some stupid firms need to //.B.W.F.// customers with all their alleged experience.

Please note I have not referred to any other make of panel

Thanks again

I've fitted about 1000 Gardtec panels, 350,370,500,580,800,816,840 etc, never once has anyone stated they were user un-friendly.?

The 370 you have is very simillar to the early 580 series, infact the user guide is the same. If you have the 580 install manual, then the defaulting is more or less the same on the 370.

Guest rjbsec
I have been in the burglary industry for 36 years, but am still learning and do not know it all, thats why I thankyou for your advice, which was more helpful than other stupid unhelpful quotes.

Then why not request trade status and benefit from all of the resources available here - it maybe satisfying to call others "stupid" and "unhelpful", but the fact is that certain information/publications are not freely available to the public and until you have trade status you are just a member of the public in terms of this forum.

Then why not request trade status and benefit from all of the resources available here - it maybe satisfying to call others "stupid" and "unhelpful", but the fact is that certain information/publications are not freely available to the public and until you have trade status you are just a member of the public in terms of this forum.

Hi

RJB 'do you live in the real world'

Being helpful cost's nothing,you must have that threatened feeling, and under seige by keeping manuals secret, but in the real world you are only threatened by the type of DIYer's that would not pay for an installation anyway.

The majority of our customers can not even put a plug on so giving them an engineering manual they would probably lose it anyway.

1. Sorry when customers buy a panel that includes an engineers manual.(could be theft to keep)

2. Rules and laws are necessary yes, but common sense is paramount.

3.Having worked in real security which includes trips behind the 'Iron Curtain' before the wall came down, I am somewhat intolerant of bureaucracy, it does collapse.

I do not want to join the trade section because keeping quiet about your company enhances security and also gives the fear of the unknown from competitors i.e criminals.

Do you know for 40 years East Germany left 1000's of tanks just inside the Berlin as a deterrent the tanks had no engines or anything inside and for 40 years WE believed them. !!

If somone cannot afford security, a dummy box is better than nothing BUT buy it from Screwfix.

I know one company that sells Dummy Boxes with there Logo on that is a betrayal of all their customers, As it is common knowledge that 50% of their boxes are dummies.

The word Security is better if the word secret is remembered.

My original question was answered by someone who was sensible and helpful your answer was neither helpful, sensible or polite.

We do not advertise in any publication but we have 1100 customers all thro being helpful, discreet and polite I suggest perhaps you think before you use a quote which is unhelpful.

Guest rjbsec
Hi

RJB 'do you live in the real world'

Being helpful cost's nothing,you must have that threatened feeling, and under seige by keeping manuals secret, but in the real world you are only threatened by the type of DIYer's that would not pay for an installation anyway.

The majority of our customers can not even put a plug on so giving them an engineering manual they would probably lose it anyway.

1. Sorry when customers buy a panel that includes an engineers manual.(could be theft to keep)

2. Rules and laws are necessary yes, but common sense is paramount.

3.Having worked in real security which includes trips behind the 'Iron Curtain' before the wall came down, I am somewhat intolerant of bureaucracy, it does collapse.

I do not want to join the trade section because keeping quiet about your company enhances security and also gives the fear of the unknown from competitors i.e criminals.

Do you know for 40 years East Germany left 1000's of tanks just inside the Berlin as a deterrent the tanks had no engines or anything inside and for 40 years WE believed them. !!

If somone cannot afford security, a dummy box is better than nothing BUT buy it from Screwfix.

I know one company that sells Dummy Boxes with there Logo on that is a betrayal of all their customers, As it is common knowledge that 50% of their boxes are dummies.

The word Security is better if the word secret is remembered.

My original question was answered by someone who was sensible and helpful your answer was neither helpful, sensible or polite.

We do not advertise in any publication but we have 1100 customers all thro being helpful, discreet and polite I suggest perhaps you think before you use a quote which is unhelpful.

Bizarre response!

You obviously feel very insecure.

Archived