Security Installer Community

Security Issue

Guest reaper30

Guest reaper30
Is the system under a maintenance contract? is it monitored?

No maintenance contract, its not monitored either.

It was put in about 16 years ago and has had a service since then by the guy who installed it.

He wanted to get it under a maintenance contract at the time, but he was quite expensive and with the attitude he came with to service the alarm, they didn't want to have to rely on him as he made them feel uncomfortable when doing the work.

This is why I have stepped in and am now planning to get my knowledge in security, I think it will be another good string to my bow, I hope ;) .

its looking for an anticode reset, do have a contact at the arc?

I will have to take another look inside the panel, I don't know, from my meagre knowledge I think it will be the ts790 panel, but unsure until I look at it further, which will be difficult, as I am in chester tomorrow and overnight in London tuesday :(

most panels have a remote reset input terminal as well ;)

Now that I don't know about :hmm: , I presumed as much but, I don't have the knowledge that I need to Identify it as of yet :( so I would be needing a little help there

regards

reaper

I will have to take another look inside the panel,

No need, all ts's anticode reset the same.

What you need to do is quote the code it gives, to someone running a anticode resetter.

Or carry out a default.

Guest reaper30
No need, all ts's anticode reset the same.

What you need to do is quote the code it gives, to someone running a anticode resetter.

Or carry out a default.

The default I didn't see in the user guide so I presume it will be in the engineers guide, which I know I am not going to get here (and I wouldn't ask to be fair). But the resetting up of the system I don't believe to be difficult (as it stands I do occasionally give myself a bit of credit in the intelligence department but only occasionally :P ) and I don't mind doing that.

An anticode resetter?

Now, this is just my general working out, but an anticode resetter will be where you type in the code the alarm gives you and the anticode resetter gives you the correct code to type back in to the system? If so this is where I am going wrong and didn't realise that.

Would I be right on that assumption?

regards

reaper

Now, this is just my general working out, but an anticode resetter will be where you type in the code the alarm gives you and the anticode resetter gives you the correct code to type back in to the system? If so this is where I am going wrong and didn't realise that.

Would I be right on that assumption?

yep

Guest reaper30
yep

Bang on!! Now I have to admit, thats pretty smart and a crackin idea for security purposes.

I had never thought of that till the seeds were sown. I already started my learning phase!!

Well, you can never stop learning eh? :P

So, I am also assuming then that the resetter is a unit and NOT a software program?

Which in turn will only be available to recognised security engineers direct from the manufacturers then?

My mind is starting to work overtime!!

My missus hates me "geeking" as she calls it as I like to solve problems heh heh as I am sure most of you do too :P

regards

reaper

Guest reaper30
But you need the right seed code, bit more than a smartie is this.

Which I cant get unless its punched into the autocode resetter :(

I can do a default reset though, but, thats just gonna take more time as I will have to reset it back up.

I was told today (by an alarm engineer) that, as the keypad had been changed the system had more likely randomly changed the engineers code as the alarm would have tough it had been tampered with. This might be true, but I am not convinced.

regards

reaper

Archived