Security Installer Community

Disturbing The Neighbours Doing A Professional Install

They sound like they need all the help they can get to me, although I would'nt be surprised if they 'politely' told you what to do with your advice!

I think you're right. The flipping thing has gone off 6 more times in the last 30 minutes; they clearly don't know what they're doing, or don't care about the disturbance.

Its often helpful to inform a neighbour that a new system is being installed and to ask them to listen when it is activated so they know the sounders "footprint".

Its another to do it that many times.

I wont go into it here but you have several options to test and commission a system without messing with neighbours goodwill.

A twitching curtain is sometimes the best deterrant, and p***ing off your neighbours isnt the way to go.

cheers

Its often helpful to inform a neighbour that a new system is being installed and to ask them to listen when it is activated so they know the sounders "footprint".

Its another to do it that many times.

I wont go into it here but you have several options to test and commission a system without messing with neighbours goodwill.

A twitching curtain is sometimes the best deterrant, and p***ing off your neighbours isnt the way to go.

cheers

Our new neighbours are nice people - we like them.

On the other hand the alarm installers have been back twice since all the above and we've had several more full alarm conditions.

Not impressed! :'(

Archived