Security Installer Community

24 Hour Call Out

I used to get local mates company to cover for me, it works as a reciprocal arrangement.

Mind you I only do Fire, CCTV and Access Control so call outs are not too frequent. Intruder slightly differrent depending on your contracts.

Bri

trade.gif

you have to have a "buddy agreeement" with another firm otherwise you won't be able to become approved.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Lucky there are two of us so we have a night on then a night off at the moment it works realy well for us.

We have only had a handfull of calls out of hours in the last 12 weeks.

Not if ya fit em properly and train the muppets, oops end users well.

I dont do call out at the monent, but we are sorting a fair way of going about it now as there is just two of us. Not fair on other lad hence the new format approaching.

Having done every concievable way of call, week on week off. week on 3 off alternating days, one day per week plus every 3rd weekend. ONCE 8 weeks constant, agggggggggggggg. It really dont matter cos our false alarm rate is so tiny its not worth worring about, put it this way it wont make ne rich.

Now if i was back at an unnamed company, whom have been bought out by //.National Installer.// anyway i could say yes thats another 6 k a yr to me. However i am getting lazy and want the good life TQ very much

cheers

Many thanks again

Didnt hink there was so much to think about going it alone!!

Have fitted about 8 system in the past (friends/family) and had no falses.

I guess like you say, fit good quality and the right kit for the environment and you should have little trouble

AlarmGuard, How long have you been in business? how did you get your first few month or two's work? Its a big step to take i guess, but am looking forward to the day Im my own boss

Regards

Dom

Many thanks again

Didnt hink there was so much to think about going it alone!!

Have fitted about 8 system in the past (friends/family) and had no falses.

I guess like you say, fit good quality and the right kit for the environment and you should have little trouble

AlarmGuard, How long have you been in business? how did you get your first few month or two's work? Its a big step to take i guess, but am looking forward to the day Im my own boss

Regards

Dom

I would work on getting your name out there first, installing at weekends and whenever you can, just to build your reputation and get more work, slowly building up a client base. This is where the work comes from when you go it alone and could take years to achieve. You won't get anywhere soon off 8 systems! It's a very cut throat business and until you have established yourself, you will find it hard to compete and stay afloat.

Trade Member

Archived