Security Installer Community

Omicron 8000 - Beeps

Guest coomi06

Guest coomi06

Hi, I have an Omicron 8000 panel which has started beeping periodically on it's own - the beeping is echoed on the remote keypad as well. The engineers manual suggests that this may be a 24 hour fault - and I did have a24 hour activation recently but I have now looped out the 24 hour circuit (with a link) but the panel still beeps periodically - any clues as to what this mighty be ?

Also are A1 still in business ?

thanks

Mike

A1 are no longer trading as such thank god.

Does the panel indicate anything? Has chime been turned on accidentally?

I think anyone on here wouldn't disagree with replacing this excuse for a control panel.

I'd suggest a quick and painless death to any Omnicrap panel.

It's an electronic language - the beeps mean "Help, I'm in a terminal condition - you wouldn't leave a dog to die like this, please put me out of my misery now".

Roger as the year gets warmer so do your jokes, did you know you suffered from SAD? :fear:

she being a woman, will he have much choice but to listen :joker:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest coomi06
Chris is correct. Omnichron are a poor panel.

... but as for your occasional beep, many years experience has shown that whenever people say they are gettinmg an occasional beep it is almost always not the intruder alarm, but a smoke alarm with a low battery. Could this be the case? Electronic sounds can be very deceiving.

Paul

Paul, thanks - hi unfortunately not - the system is only wired up for PIR and contacts so no smoke alarms - the beep is definately coming from the panel as it is a two tone and is echoed on the remote keypad

cheers

Mike

It is very much as the others say, its crying for help :cry:

You need to get a local engineer in to most likely replace the panel or get the one you have going again. :rolleyes:

I dont know the panel but if you have your user code, entering it and then exiting the menu may stop the beep notification for now.

Leaving the problem will just make it worse :(

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Paul, thanks - hi unfortunately not - the system is only wired up for PIR and contacts so no smoke alarms - the beep is definately coming from the panel as it is a two tone and is echoed on the remote keypad

He didn't mean smoke alarms on the alarm system, he meant standalone smoke detectors.

Are you sure it is the keypad echoing the beeps and not just the beeps sounding like they are coming from the keypad?

Is there anything illuminating on the keypad? If it's telling you something audably then it should also visually indicate something, unless it's completey knackered.

Archived