Security Installer Community

Smart Psu (galaxy) - Fuse Blown

Guest rjbsec
Quite easily - bought a house requiring "work" - downpowered alarm before renovations started. Now they have nearly finished powered up the alarm and that's when Idiscovered the fuse had blown on the 12V2 line.

Would think best to get an installer in - you'll know it's okay then and if the builders messed up you'll have a professional report to confront them with when you ask for compensation for the damage.

Would think best to get an installer in - you'll know it's okay then and if the builders messed up you'll have a professional report to confront them with when you ask for compensation for the damage.

QFA, sounds suspiciously like builder damage.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

I thought the problem may have been relatively easy to diagnose myself but I think you're right about calling in the professionals. Unfortunately I'm guessing that will be quite difficult to prove unless the 'damaged' cable can be found?

www.wiinetwork.co.uk - Nintendo Wii Worldwide User Map

Unfortunately I'm guessing that will be quite difficult to prove unless the 'damaged' cable can be found?

Depends on the way the system was installed and the engineer that looks for the fault. You may see the fault visually, you may not. either way, it'll be fixed so that's got to be the main thing, not who's to blame?

I thought the problem may have been relatively easy to diagnose myself but I think you're right about calling in the professionals. Unfortunately I'm guessing that will be quite difficult to prove unless the 'damaged' cable can be found?

If you cant find the damaged cable then you cant repair it. Catch 22?

You could of course replace the damaged cable (assuming thats the problem) but if you have already plastered the walls etc then its too late for that!

Without doubt calling an engineer who knows about Galaxy systems is by far the best option, then you can find the way forward!

Post your location and maybe one of the chaps here can help you out!

Depends on the way the system was installed and the engineer that looks for the fault. You may see the fault visually, you may not. either way, it'll be fixed so that's got to be the main thing, not who's to blame?

Fixing is of course the priority, but it would be good to confront the culprit with the evidence!

www.wiinetwork.co.uk - Nintendo Wii Worldwide User Map

Guest rjbsec
either way, it'll be fixed so that's got to be the main thing, not who's to blame?

That surely depends on the cost of the repair!

Guest rjbsec
Anyone care to provide me with an idea of the likely cost (ballpark) to rectify the problem.

Impossible to say with an "unknown" fault - easy fix then

Archived