Security Installer Community

What Is The Loudest Alarm You Can Get?

Guest kev241

Guest kev241

I have a good friend who was robbed yesterday. He has a property inland in Spain with no telephone line and his closest neighbours are about 1 mile away.

He wants me to find him a alarm that will make your ears bleed. ( so 100 db no good ) Do you people no of a alarm?

As he runs on solar power he was looking at a wirefree gsm alarm to save his power but the sirens are not loud enough and by the time he gets the text the people would of been and gone with ease.

If you could give me some links or recomendations that will be great.

Guest Alarm Guard

Master blaster, but it needs mains power to work.

Next best IMO is Aritech 394. (I think that is the correct number). Very loud, very impressive sound pattern ... sounds like bombs dropping (without the boom of course)

What about a smokecloak? Fills the place with harmless smoke in seconds.

Guest kev241
Yup id go for master blaster as well, that can definately be heard a mile away, also for internal fun you could have the inferno which is apparently impossible to stay in the same room as.

You may want to have a look at THE MANUFACTURER OF BOTH UNITS

Do you think 120db is loud enough?

I was going to put a freewave gsm in for him do you think I could add 2 of the loudest sirens to this alarm 1 inside and 1 outside. ( wired to his 240v solar )

He wouldn't mind it draining his batteries in the event of a emergency.

Has anyone ever installed a utra sonic alarm that pops your ear drums?

Guest Alarm Guard
Do you think 120db is loud enough?

I was going to put a freewave gsm in for him do you think I could add 2 of the loudest sirens to this alarm 1 inside and 1 outside. ( wired to his 240v solar )

He wouldn't mind it draining his batteries in the event of a emergency.

Has anyone ever installed a utra sonic alarm that pops your ear drums?

Be careful! You must remember that the alarm mat sound accidentally at some time and if there is a cmall child there at the time, their hearing could be irrepairable damaged...

Guest kev241
Be careful! You must remember that the alarm mat sound accidentally at some time and if there is a cmall child there at the time, their hearing could be irrepairable damaged...

thats true. I will look at putting just the 120db sirens in and outside. I will contact the company tomorrow about compatibility. To save the wait do you no if these sirens could be used with a wirefree alarm?

To save the wait do you no if these sirens could be used with a wirefree alarm?

As long as the alarm has an output that is only switched when an alarm condition occurs then yes.

Guest kev241
As long as the alarm has an output that is only switched when an alarm condition occurs then yes.

I think I have found the one I need its 127db.

Thankyou for the help guys if you know of a louder alarm that is suitable for outside use then I will be keen to know.

I think I have found the one I need its 127db.

Thankyou for the help guys if you know of a louder alarm that is suitable for outside use then I will be keen to know.

I think the Master Blaster is the loudest one you're likely to find. Anything louder than that would usually require a 3 phase supply and would not really be suitable for the application here. Be aware that the Master Blaster consumes around 1150 watts on startup, so if powered by batteries, make sure the inverter can cope with the extra drain, though it probably is'nt an issue if the house is likely to be empty.

Trade Member

Master Blaster inside and out is enough to give someone a heart attack, if you go for the Master Blaster any chance you could rig up some cameras and show us the video of when the intruder breaks in and the alarm goes of, ive not had a good laugh for ages.

Kev

Archived