Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 88 And Vibration Sensor

Guest Nobrinlif

Guest Nobrinlif

Does anybod know if it is possible to connect a passive vibration sensor (NC; fixed on a window) to a Texecom Premier 88 and tune the sensitivity through the multiple knock configuration. I am not sure if the inputs of the control pannel are fast enough to detect the short pulses from the sensor.

Any reason why you want it on multiple knock? Just programme it as a guard zone and adjust the sensitivity on the sensor itself. Or if you want it monitored all the time set it as 24HR. :)

I think you'll find the sensors in this case usually need an analyser like the aritechs.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

What make are the sensors, usually you need the same make analyser as shock sensor.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest Nobrinlif

They come from tecnoalarm and are usuall connected directly to the tecnoalarm pannel. From what I know the tecnoalarm pannels allow for programming of the puls intervals, pulse length, ... I was not able to find similar setting in the Premier installation manual.

sounds like you might be able to do something using the double knock timer and programming the zone with a double knock attribute. If the zone is open longer than what you have set the double knock timer the circuit will trigger into alarm.

Trade Member

Archived