Security Installer Community

Need A New Wired System!

Guest Kiran

Guest Kiran

Hi,

I have had an OLD BT telecom wired alarm monitored system for about 15 years and I dont think I want to keep it anymore. It is the model DSS-670 IX (what it says on the box under the stairs).

As soon as I stop the subscription I am thinking of replacing everything ie. the control panel, the box under the stairs, the 2x movement detectors, and the 3x door detectors.

Needs-

-I don't want a subscription monitored system, but one that will send me a text when the alarm is set off.

-I want a wired system that will work with the current wires that have been laid down

-I currently only have an indoor siren, and possibly need an outdoor siren

-I need my fire alarms to be able to attach to the system

-I am also possibly thinking of a self install.

Any help would be much appreciated on parts that I need..

cheers

Kiran

I suggest you get a proffessional in to provide you with a quote it will be cheaper for you in the long run.

You could post your location and one of the guys here maybe able to quote for you.

Two pir's dont seem enough (unless you have a small house!) and you should definatly opt for an external siren, pretty pointless otherwise. So you will no doubt need extra cables installing anyway. A reputable company will recommend what you need, you can decide from then on what you are to do :)

Telecom 670, I hate them. I take it you are now under contract with //.National Installer.//?

Post your location and i am sure there is a company on here who can help.

Guest Kiran

yeah its //.National Installer.//, I think there is a problem with the box, whenever the alarm goes off there is no reponse, no call no nothing! even after 2 servicemen came to the house. so ive had enough.

Im in, Wimbledon, London, SW18

Guest Kiran

yeah I have been paying subs, and maintentence but still no response when alarm goes off :hmm:

nah im pretty sure its not under warranty as I have had it for ages now

If you are paying for monitoring and maintenance, check what level of cover you have.

I would be inclined to contact the Service Manager at your local //.National Installer.// branch, before going to the expense of replacing your alarm, the 670 is fairly bomb proof, but difficult to look after without the right kit, we have quite a few on our books and have not had any controls to change.

Discuss the problem and find out why there is no response, you are after all paying for a service that you would seem not to be recieving.

Archived