Security Installer Community

Day/night Cam

secboy

Installing day/night in external housing for car park with low lighting and not practical to use IR due to power limits am thinking of using a samsung for the first time due to specs quoting 0.001-3 lux in mono can anyone suggest a model which I should look at(must be 24v ac)-will be ordering from gardiners/chelmsford tomorrow?

Paul.

But this one is, its a very good camera, excellent camera for the price great in very low light.

DTV-VLL/DUAL DYNAMIC HIGH RES DAY & NIGHT CAMERA 1/3" CCD, 12V DC / 24V AC, 0.002 LUX, 530 TVL, DNR TECHNOLOGY, PRIVACY MASKING, OSD, VIDEO & DIRECT DRIVE OUTPUT.

This is the same camera as the Samsung 415, check the specs, Dynamic are doing the 415 in either voltage (12,24 or 240) for the same price as this, if you havent seen the IFSEC Flyer its on the website.

This is the lens i would use from Dynamic btw.......

GA3V8NA ERNITEC 3 - 8 1.0 ASPHERICAL 82-35 DIRECT DRIVE.

Ian have you used a 5mm-50mm varifocal? this camera is to look along a perimeter fence line and I was thinking of using this lens to give me more scope for adjustment?.

PAUL.

Ian have you used a 5mm-50mm varifocal? this camera is to look along a perimeter fence line and I was thinking of using this lens to give me more scope for adjustment?.

PAUL.

No i havent.

The 5-50mm lens Dynamic do will work but it wont be as good. It all depends on the light levels, good street lighting will make the difference otherwise have a look at Rainbow or Computar for a suitable day/night lens.

Ikegami are very good in low light conditions but be wary, many very low light cameras use a system called Frame Integration to achive these really low lux levels.

Frame Integration decreases the shutter speed of the camera therefore allowing a greater charge to develop on the CCD. It's much the same theory as using a film camera to take pictures of stars. You leave the shutter open for longer than normal so that more light is captured.

The down side is that the camera can't produce 25 updates/s at it might only be takeing a shot ever 1/3s. It fills in the blanks by sending the same frame over and over again. The end result is that in very low light conditions, moving objects blurs quite significantly. However, static objects/people can be appear quite clear.

Best advice, look at the datasheet carefully before selecting the camera or call your friendly neighborhood techie at your distributer or manufacturer.

But this one is, its a very good camera, excellent camera for the price great in very low light.

DTV-VLL/DUAL DYNAMIC HIGH RES DAY & NIGHT CAMERA 1/3" CCD, 12V DC / 24V AC, 0.002 LUX, 530 TVL, DNR TECHNOLOGY, PRIVACY MASKING, OSD, VIDEO & DIRECT DRIVE OUTPUT.

This is the same camera as the Samsung 415, check the specs, Dynamic are doing the 415 in either voltage (12,24 or 240) for the same price as this, if you havent seen the IFSEC Flyer its on the website.

This is the lens i would use from Dynamic btw.......

GA3V8NA ERNITEC 3 - 8 1.0 ASPHERICAL 82-35 DIRECT DRIVE.

Agree with you ian on this one i have fitted about 15 of the above in the last 6 - 8 weeks and found very good for the price.

Hi Secboy

The Dynamic DTV-VLL are very good, installed a couple this week, shame i didnt see this post earlier as im only round the corner from Chelmsford Gardiners, you could have poped in and checked them out.

Regards.

Mark

secure4.me.uk digital cctv

Archived