Security Installer Community

Pointer Alarm

Gopher

Got a system here, no idea what it is, just know it's about 15yrs old and was fitted by "Pointer" anyone any ideas as to what panel it could be.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

pointer usually fit aplex or it might be a midiplex if it's that old.

I work on these all the time.

whats your problem with it?

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Paul.

the customer phoned up regarding a light has come up on the panel (the box light). He is an old guy and has paniced when the system has gone of.

I asked him what system he had and to look at the panel etc but all i got was Pointer who fitted the system. I just thought that if anyone had any ideas what systems Pointer have fitted?

Going tomm morning so if anybody has systems and engineering manuals available i would be grateful.

cheers lads

!

If the system is about 15 years old could be DA systems (Abacus) now Bosche (Don't think thats spelt right) they also used scantronic

Trade Member

Got a system here, no idea what it is, just know it's about 15yrs old and was fitted by "Pointer" anyone any ideas as to what panel it could be.
Paul.

the customer phoned up regarding a light has come up on the panel (the box light). He is an old guy and has paniced when the system has gone of.

I asked him what system he had and to look at the panel etc but all i got was Pointer who fitted the system. I just thought that if anyone had any ideas what systems Pointer have fitted?

Going tomm morning so if anybody has systems and engineering manuals available i would be grateful.

cheers lads

i presume gopher & scotty are same?

unless you have description can,t comfirm panel type.

take pici and post it - tell him you'll get back if you don,t know type

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Paul,

Thanks for the info. Scotty and Gopher work for the same company!!!! Will investigate tomm and post some pics if needed. Its an old system so could be a Scanny.

cheers

No we are not the same person, work at the same place, I'll let you make your own minds as to who has got the worse deal...

Update it's an Abacus 6, got a CQR Bellbox and that's gone, so we're replacing it with a new bell, any one any ideas where to look for manuals for this thing, pin outs for the bell would be of some use. I know, "don't ask for manuals"..

I do love tech support on "old" systems..

So anyone with any ideas, replacing it with an Gardtech XS7 Bellbox..

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Apply for trade membership and its in the manuals site.

Although trade membership doesn't guarantee instant access to manuals.

Archived