Security Installer Community

Telemetry Protocol?

Guest grahamc

Guest grahamc

Does anyone know the protocol for controlling the PTZ of a Video Controls Orbiter microsphere? I would really like to find some suitable PC software to control the camera via an rs232/rs485 convertor. Any help much appreciated.

Guest Rockford
Does anyone know the protocol for controlling the PTZ of a Video Controls Orbiter microsphere? I would really like to find some suitable PC software to control the camera via an rs232/rs485 convertor. Any help much appreciated.

We had a similar situation. We were building the protocol in to a complete program for a PC CCTV card. We just had to ask Honeywell for it. They sent us "some kind of file" which our programmers new what to do with. They said that we may not redistribute it though, so I'm afraid I can't give it to you, but if its still as easy as it used to be, the answer is: just ask Honeywell and they'll give it to you!

Called a Non disclosure agreement (or NDA) and is a legally binding contract between 2 company that wish to share non public information. (basically).

It may be easier to switch the protocol away from VCL to one of the other protocols such as Pelco which I think are open source and downloadable from t'internet. If I remember correctly the orbiters had about 6 or 7 different protocols which you could select via dip switches. Would possibly save you a bit of time and hassle of explaining why you need vcl's protocol.

egg03064.gif

They already sell the software for controlling their domes, or is it your own software you wish to use ?

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I've got the protocol for the camera, and my intention is to build a VCL version of CamServer, CamServer is my program that I created for web enabling the control of cameras, currently supporting Pelco, Dennard and Sensormatic SpeedDome Ultras, I just need to find time to mount a camea on the wall and start writing the software again :)

Coming soon:

VCL support

FVS MIC1-300/400 support.

PM me if you are interested, I currently have a sample program that you could use to try it out, to make sure your camera works correctly.

Trade Access/CCTV Member

Guest grahamc

Many thanks for all who replied.

I would like to write my own software for the telemetry control and so I really need the protocol definition. The installation manual doesn't say anything about dip switches to change the protocol, but I haven't received the camera yet to check this out. Incidentally, what is the name of the existing control software? I expect that it will be too expensive but I will take a look at it.

• 1 year later...
I've got the protocol for the camera, and my intention is to build a VCL version of CamServer, CamServer is my program that I created for web enabling the control of cameras, currently supporting Pelco, Dennard and Sensormatic SpeedDome Ultras, I just need to find time to mount a camea on the wall and start writing the software again :)

Coming soon:

VCL support

FVS MIC1-300/400 support.

PM me if you are interested, I currently have a sample program that you could use to try it out, to make sure your camera works correctly.

I am not a company just a private user of a Maxcom 8/2 which iv been using for several years.

Im trying to write a bit of software for my own use ,to control the maxcom 8/2 vir the rs232 port

I need the correct data proticol for the vcl maxcom

is it possible to email me just a few of the commands so that i change cameras etc from my pc.

Archived