Security Installer Community

Gaining More Clients

mcelec

Hi guys, iam considering hiring a sales rep to go out and try and bring some more work in, what i want to know is does anyone on here employ a sales rep and if so how much do you pay them, i was thinking of recruiting a rep on a 3 month commision only trial (10% commission) and then after 3 months offer them a package including vehicle etc, what do you guys think?

and where do you think is the best place to advertise this vacancy?

There are reps who will settle for a commission based salary. There are those who want a small salary and commission, and there are those who want a decent basic, car etc. and good commissions.

The first type are usually very unreliable and not very good. Putting someone on a trial for 3 months is all well and good but presumably you will have to spend a certain amount of time training them in alarms and all the standards....which is a serious investment in itself.

Also, you can't really come up with a percentage figure out of the blue. All sales people will want to earn a particular amount of money. Lower level sales could be around

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Hi guys, iam considering hiring a sales rep to go out and try and bring some more work in, what i want to know is does anyone on here employ a sales rep and if so how much do you pay them,

if you

What about this idea then i was thinking about taking on an engineer/sales person!!

the idea is i take on an engineer who is interested in a career in sales so initially he will work as an engineer for 1 month to see if he is the right type of person im after and then if all goes well i will send him on some sales courses during his second month and send him on sales leads 2 days per week and on tools 3 days per week and as he starts to get more comftable with the sales side he could gradually move over completely?

anyone have any views on this? do you think it would work?

or i could do what a mate of mine suggested "hire a top looking bird that no man could ever say no too" and give her a company mini (car an skirt)

or i could do what a mate of mine suggested "hire a top looking bird that no man could ever say no too" and give her a company mini (car an skirt)

Show me where i sign ... :new_rofl:

mcelec

We have been down the Salesman route and its not an easy decision to deal with, we tried to pay the 10% commision only, and as expected he was no good did not have the commitment (or the Brains) we also tried paying a low salary of around

mcelec

We have been down the Salesman route and its not an easy decision to deal with, we tried to pay the 10% commision only, and as expected he was no good did not have the commitment (or the Brains) we also tried paying a low salary of around

The company we use would not try and sell for another Security company, as this would be a conflict of interest, there are many around, but make sure you have an interview with any company undertaking this for you, and that you are fully satisfied that they can help you...

Also get tied into the agreement that all bad leads are not paid for all good call centres will offer this

Good luck

• 3 months later...
Guest Plunkett

Does your call centre just do cold calling? I know that over the last few years I have been put of companies that phone me - to the extent that I am now on the Telephone Preference Service. However, if it does work, I would be interested!

Most of the main points have been discussed above so i will just add one note.

Be very careful! I have seen many sales people come and go at various companies, my last company all they ever had was cr*p sales people about 12 in 3 years came and went. On the other hand a friends company has had one sales guy there and he brings in a massive amount of work from existing and new customers.

With all things that can make you more money there is quite a risk envolved.

Archived