Security Installer Community

Who Was It?

ABC

That buggered their wrist on the 7AH batteries with the watch on?

:'(

We have that picture hanging up on our bulletin board now in another country, and I recognized it right away from here.

Prize goes to richl,

It was one of the service engineers from my branch (who's also a member of the forum).

He got a bit of stick from the other lads over it but it was quite a nasty burn he suffered.

The current welded the strap shut so he couldn't get the red hot strap off his wrist :cry:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest RICHL

Of course, we all known it wasnt a battery at all but a chinese burn off bellman after the lad came back from the lunch van with no brown sauce on bellmans sarny.

Guest stevey

I accidently shorted a 12V 12AH sealed lead acid battery accidently with some wire that was rated to 6A max could not have been more than 50cm long, I got melted black insulation on my hands in less than a second, before smoke and the cable melted into two and stopped the current.

For the next day even when I tried to sleep, my hand was in a jug full of ice cubes and I thought I was the bionic man with a plastic wire injection :realmad:

I accidently shorted a 12V 12AH sealed lead acid battery accidently with some wire that was rated to 6A max could not have been more than 50cm long, I got melted black insulation on my hands in less than a second, before smoke and the cable melted into two and stopped the current.

For the next day even when I tried to sleep, my hand was in a jug full of ice cubes and I thought I was the bionic man with a plastic wire injection :realmad:

What is your trade?

Have you thought about taking an office job where your main tool is a pen and some paper.

You might want to buy some gardening gloves to protect you from paper cuts.

Archived