Security Installer Community

Keypad Voltage - Galaxy 16

Guest Richard

Guest Richard

Hi

I have a dummy bell box on the outside of my house with one of these 5 year LED that flashes to give the appearance of a working burglar alarm.

Recently I've also aquired a burglar alarm keypad which I want to mount within sight of the front windows of the house to complete the appearance of a fitted and working burglar alarm. I'd like to power it up so the backlight (at least) is lit.

Q - What sort of voltage will the keypad require - and if left powered on how long would you expect a bettery to last.

Further information :

Keypad internals state "Galaxy 16 LCD Keypad Rev 0.3 (B0090)"

There is space for a small battery 'pack' but no mains/transformer possible.

Thanks in advance, regards

Hi

I have a dummy bell box on the outside of my house with one of these 5 year LED that flashes to give the appearance of a working burglar alarm.

Recently I've also aquired a burglar alarm keypad which I want to mount within sight of the front windows of the house to complete the appearance of a fitted and working burglar alarm. I'd like to power it up so the backlight (at least) is lit.

Q - What sort of voltage will the keypad require - and if left powered on how long would you expect a bettery to last.

Further information :

Keypad internals state "Galaxy 16 LCD Keypad Rev 0.3 (B0090)"

There is space for a small battery 'pack' but no mains/transformer possible.

Thanks in advance, regards

:no::rolleyes:

Guest Richard

Hi all

Thanks for the '12v' reply.

It's a very old stone-built cottage with 3' thick walls and nicely renovated and finished.

The main reason for not installing a 'proper' system is tacking cables everywhere and/or digging channels in the walls.

The wireless alarms are an option but wireless and my walls don't mix well - my chordless phone works through 1 wall and my Wi-Fi network just in the room where it's located. How do the wireless alarms sit with you experts .?

I'd love to say that I'm not going to get burgled so these are simply deterants for the youth/optimist driving by and choosing the next house up the road over mine based on some 'signs' of an alarm.

I'm getting the feeling you all don't think the fake boxes bring any thing to the party whatsoever - I did buy an old, used one - not the generic eBay one that I suspect every burglar worth his pry-bar would recognise.

Thanks again for the help above, regards

Guest Guest
:no::rolleyes:

Hi - your text has gone missing - or is it white-on-white

Also - you spelled guard wrong - you missed the 'a' from your name and (oops) also your website DOH!

;-) ;)

Also - you spelled guard wrong - you missed the 'a' from your name and (oops) also your website DOH!

;-) ;)

In order to be critical you need to know what you are on about to start with!!!

Simply because you think you are right does not mean you are!

;-) ;)

oh look a nameless party crasher, with a sense of humour, thats new. donot take this comment to heart m8 your site is really very good, well i think so anyway.but every man and his dog is entitled to his onion. :P

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

oh look a nameless party crasher, with a sense of humour, thats new. donot take this comment to heart m8 your site is really very good, well i think so anyway.but every man and his dog is entitled to his onion. :P

It only matters what my customers think and to be honest with the amount we have and the new ones we gain every week, I dont reckon his opinions matter :whistle:

If you think my site is good now, you will be well impressed with the new one ;)

Guest Richard
In order to be critical you need to know what you are on about to start with!!!

Simply because you think you are right does not mean you are!

1,000 apologies - I thought you had replied and I could not see the text - I now see your reply was just the emoticons. I seriously thought you had spelled your name in error but it appears that *is* your company name.

I love you had to edit out a spelling mistake from your reply - v good

I put 'alarm guard scotland' into google but it didn't find you either - so I guess spelling *is* important;

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100&hl=...+guard+scotland

-----------

If anyone can reply to the wireless question above I would really appreciate their comments

-----------

Thanks all, regards

Archived