Security Installer Community

Credit Check

mjw

As from the 1 st January 2007 all new employees will have to under go a Credit check along with the normal vetting procedures....This is to find out if a engineer would be open to a bribe

My Question is what would happen if you had a grade 1 engineer who was right for a position but he/she could'nt manage money very well????

This is getting really very silly :sofa1:

As from the 1 st January 2007 all new employees will have to under go a Credit check along with the normal vetting procedures....This is to find out if a engineer would be open to a bribe

My Question is what would happen if you had a grade 1 engineer who was right for a position but he/she could'nt manage money very well????

This is getting really very silly :sofa1:

Yet another case of Mr B and his PC' ness, what is totally amazing and makes a joke of the entire policy is 'what if the main contractor uses sub contractors? as most national companies do!!!! EVEN IF THEY DENY IT

:hmm: i wonder if bribery is the whole reasoning?

if a guy has financial difficultties there is an obvious higher risk he may steal under that pressure, before the wolves jump all over me, i'm not setting this as any yardstick to employ (or not) anyone. many who have had such problems, and serious ones at that have not resorted to theft to overcome the problems.

should an employee steal while employed by a registered company, the public's perception of a controlling body would be compromiised, so perhaps its felt that not raising this for attention could be held as neglegent of the inspectorate towards its members, but to go head on at it would be causing a debate they don't really want to get into. so this is a device to acheive the same aim, not a ctitasism of the inspectorate i actually see it as prudent to raise it, and just an observation.

crikey, what sis i drink last night? me defending an inspectorate - who would have thought?

:unsure:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

if a guy has financial difficultties there is an obvious higher risk he may steal under that pressure, before the wolves jump all over me, i'm not setting this as any yardstick to employ (or not) anyone. many who have had such problems, and serious ones at that have not resorted to theft to overcome the problems.

should an employee steal while employed by a registered company, the public's perception of a controlling body would be compromiised, so perhaps its felt that not raising this for attention could be held as neglegent of the inspectorate towards its members, but to go head on at it would be causing a debate they don't really want to get into. so this is a device to acheive the same aim, not a ctitasism of the inspectorate i actually see it as prudent to raise it, and just an observation.

crikey, what sis i drink last night? me defending an inspectorate - who would have thought?

regs

alan

I will have half a pint of what ever it is!!

i know quite a few guy's that are really good engineers and they difficultties with money(ie not enough),and i do know they would never take a bribe(i.e never bit the hand that feeds) :whistle:

Fantastic idea from athe Blair machinery

The Engineer with excellent skills and 10 years experience as his only trade, suddenly ends up in a messy divorce and ends up with a couple of CCJ's and a couple of late payments.

The outcome is, he can no longer work in the industry and is now tradeless.

Who the hell lets this get through.

I would think long and hard about this one because it could effect all of you at some point in your life. So before you go saying it's a great idea think what could happen to you in a couple of years.

PS, I have a an excellent credit reference, but it could happen to me in the future and as such does concern me gravely.

The older I get, the faster I was.

Fantastic idea from athe Blair machinery

The Engineer with excellent skills and 10 years experience as his only trade, suddenly ends up in a messy divorce and ends up with a couple of CCJ's and a couple of late payments.

Who the hell lets this get through.

I would think long and hard about this one because it could effect all of you at some point in your life. So before you go saying it's a great idea think what could happen to you in a couple of years.

PS, I have a an excellent credit reference, but it could happen to me in the future and as such does concern me gravely.

I am with you on this one..friend of mine as just gone through a messy divorce and she took half of everthing even though it was her messing arround!!..but you are right about it could??..affect all of us at sometime

Especially if you meet some like my mates EX!!!!!!!!!!! :eekout:

:hmm: can think of more than a couple who have had firms which have hit upon hard times chalked up CCJ's ect sold the "contracts" got a job with the buyer, know a guy who's been brankrupt twice (at least) if fact in the case of a couple firms the employee would be better credit checking the firms to see if they will get paid on time every month

fact in the case of a couple firms the employee would be better credit checking the firms to see if they will get paid on time every month

Food for thought!

just because you have...a-no money or b-bad with money doesnt mean yon can/will be bribed :bruce_h4h: id refuse any employer doing a credit check on me..my money matters are private,tho if i had a criminal record(i havent by the way) id expect that to be available to who ever but private matters remain private in my book...the worlds gone mad.. :realmad:

regs

alan

rubbish alan...if some one has a money problem it does NOT mean he will steal,if anything it makes he/she work harder to solve the problem..i know people who have nothin and id trust them with my life,i also know people who have everything who i wouldnt give the time of day too.regards stealing who hasnt NICKED a work pen/paper/pir...big deal,it wont have the met chasing you will it.remember the real crimes are commited by the corparate suits high up who lets face it have more money than we will ever earn..

Archived