Security Installer Community

Hi-res Day/night Vandal Resist Dome With Ir

Guest rjbsec

Guest rjbsec

I am looking for a good hi-res day/night colour vandal resist vari-focal dome for a community hall car park - illumination will be minimal so I want IR LED options for 10, 20 and 30metres.

Vandal resist domes are needed due to the low fixing height and hence vulnerability of standard cameras.

Anyone suggest any good options that you've worked with?

I have fitted loads of the Dynamic Day night anti vandal dome's 3 - 8 mm auto iris Day/Night

and found very good even in low light levels.

I think theres one with Ir LEDS not sure as only used to one above and found that very good for the price.

Having tried them i wouldnt use them again, too much hassel trying to fit the cover & get the rubber thing up to the dome to prevent reflection.

Dynamic are now doing the anti vandal day/night dome using the Samsung 415 pcb giving excellent low light pictures down to .002 lux. They had a good demo at ifsec comparing the samsung 520 to the 415 in a dark cupboard. It has a V/F 4-9mm lens, wall or ceiling mount and the price is excellent.

I am actually fitting the 415's as a bog standard camera now, it covers most eventuallities, internal and external. I think they have dropped theyre own branded version, the 415 is the same price now as the VLL.

Having tried them i wouldnt use them again, too much hassel trying to fit the cover & get the rubber thing up to the dome to prevent reflection.

Dynamic are now doing the anti vandal day/night dome using the Samsung 415 pcb giving excellent low light pictures down to .002 lux. They had a good demo at ifsec comparing the samsung 520 to the 415 in a dark cupboard. It has a V/F 4-9mm lens, wall or ceiling mount and the price is excellent.

Agreed

I have also fitted about 15 of there standard own brand day nights and found them realy good and a very good price. I get them ready made up in the denard copy housings.

Ian, are those the cameras with the video light level amplification circuit built it, I am going to give them a go on the next job, won't need IR and get good colour images in the dark.

we use genie for most of our dome cameras

dont really like the leds in the domes alot have a habit of shining back into the lens

there is this one

http://www.geniecctv.com/photos/vr-520xir.pdf

High Resolution TRUE Day/Night Vandal Resistant Dome with LED's

480TVL, Sony 1/3" EXVIEW CCD, 0 Lux (IR LED's On), DC12V 320mA, CDS Automatic Switching, 18-Piece IR LED Assembly, 3-Axis Gimbal, 3.8-9.5mm DC AI Varifocal Lens

i saw a new one while on the genie stand at ifsec which had seperated the leds to combat the problem mentioned above but i cannot find it on the website

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

Ian, are those the cameras with the video light level amplification circuit built it, I am going to give them a go on the next job, won't need IR and get good colour images in the dark.

I beleive so but you best check with Paul for the exact spec.

Guest rjbsec

Is this the Dynamic one?

DTV-VLD

DAY/NIGHT VANDAL DOME

6 " DSP HIGH RES DOME CAMERA, 1/3" SONY SUPER HAD CCD, 530 TVL, 0.002 LUX, E/I, 4-9mm DIRECT DRIVE LENS INSIDE IP66 RATED DOME FOR INTERNAL/EXTERNAL USE WITH RUGGED POLYCARBONATE DOME

3 AXIS BRACKET FOR WALL OR CEILING MOUNT INSTALLATIONS

I can't find a Samsung external vandal-resist on their site.

Is this the Dynamic one?

I can't find a Samsung external vandal-resist on their site.

Not sure if Ian was on about The SID-45c, if he was its not vandle resistant or external...

I hope their is another camera by dynamic which is external vandle proof which uses the Samsung 415 chip as i agree these are excellent Cameras..

If you cannot find these we use the Samsung bigeer brother of these which is the Samsung SVD 4020 or the 4120 which has WDR Excellent camera twice the price of the SID 45C but has every thing you need... SVD-4020

Archived