Security Installer Community

Wireless

bellman

Have you fitted wireless and how reliable was it.  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Have you fitted wireless and how reliable was it.

• fitted it and was happy with no problems.
    • Fitted it but had the occasional problem.
    • fitted it and had excessive problems.
    • fitted it had problems, removed it and installed wired.

right thought as much, and how many of the "number...." are visonic wireless ? and which inspectorate passed them ?

I think you need to clarify what your talking about, on a class 6 system "which is no longer needed" you had to record RSSI readings can you tell me where is the regs that it states this must be a number Eg 1 - 10?????? the panel i use will give you in the installer menu a diagnostics's reading of RSSI no signal, poor signal, good signal or a strong signal. If you would like to make a note of the reading from the panel and record them on your paperwork then there is nothing stopping you.

:bruce_h4h:

sorry, no one said they arn`t so whats getting you turned on?

however the lack of "recordable" so by definition meaningless measurements means you can`t commision this panel correctly, which means you can`t certify this panel to the standards required by our inspectorate

seen as the other guy doesnt understand the difference between grade and standards I`ll ask you instead - what grade (I`ll give you a hint - inc signalling option) should it only be used for?

You talk some rubbish - because its wireless you cant commission it? :hmm:

What standards does your inspectorate dictate that means wireless Grade 2 systems cannot be commissioned and issued with a certificate and if thats the case what are they going to do about all the certificated Grade 2 wireless systems that their approved installers have put out there?

Guest anguscanplay
I think you need to clarify what your talking about, on a class 6 system "which is no longer needed" you had to record RSSI readings can you tell me where is the regs that it states this must be a number Eg 1 - 10?????? the panel i use will give you in the installer menu a diagnostics's reading of RSSI no signal, poor signal, good signal or a strong signal. If you would like to make a note of the reading from the panel and record them on your paperwork then there is nothing stopping you.

how do you record a word to 3 decimal places LOL? poor, good or strong isnt enough information

You talk some rubbish - because its wireless you cant commission it? :hmm:

What standards does your inspectorate dictate that means wireless Grade 2 systems cannot be commissioned and issued with a certificate and if thats the case what are they going to do about all the certificated Grade 2 wireless systems that their approved installers have put out there?

do YOU ever stop to read what someones put - no

did you read what we said in this thread - no

do you understand anything anyone says - no

do you actually have any idea what your on about - no

did i say you cannot have a grade2 wireless - no

did i say you cannot certify a grade2 wireless - no

did i say you cannot have a fully compliant DD243 wirless system - no

how do you record a word to 3 decimal places LOL? poor, good or strong isnt enough information

As I asked show me where the regs now say what your trying to "not very well i may add"

Guest anguscanplay
As I asked show me where the regs now say what your trying to "not very well i may add"

listen - do I care? you look them up before your next inspection visit or take the non conf. the choice is yours

listen - do I care? you look them up before your next inspection visit or take the non conf. the choice is yours

:hmm: do you care :hmm:

Well do you ?

You have been bothered enough to reply to every post so far!!!!!!!!

maybe your now showing your true colors you dont have a clue what your on about do you??????? go on admit it we wont think any less of you really.......

:whistle::P

Um, well yes I do and yes you did.

you cant log the commisioning values - therefore it is not certifiable and cannot be connected,

Guest anguscanplay
:hmm: do you care :hmm:

Well do you ?

You have been bothered enough to reply to every post so far!!!!!!!!

maybe your now showing your true colors you dont have a clue what your on about do you??????? go on admit it we wont think any less of you really.......

:whistle::P

lol no wi5, you obviously want to do things your way - I`ll ask you again though, which inspectorate are you under ( I think we all know the answer to that)

as for the tongue in cheekly named "topalarms"

Um, well yes I do and yes you did

er no you dont and oh no I didnt - look again and read very very slowly this time

Archived