Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9100 Plus A Communicator (9056 I Think)

s1myr

Hi. I bought a house about a year ago and it has a Scantronic 9100 plus a communicator (9056 I think).

I've managed to reset the panel, put new codes in etc and get it running.

I was wondering if there's a way of changing the phone numbers the communicator dials to get it to dial my mobile if the alarm goes off?? From what I've read elsewhere it looks like I need to get the NVM on the communicator re-programmed. How do I do that? Is there somewhere I can take it or by a bit of kit to DIY it?

Like the panel, the communicator is really old. When it tries to dial out it uses pulse dialling instead of tone. I assume that still works?

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Hi. I bought a house about a year ago and it has a Scantronic 9100 plus a communicator (9056 I think).

I was wondering if there's a way of changing the phone numbers the communicator dials to get it to dial my mobile if the alarm goes off?? From what I've read elsewhere it looks like I need to get the NVM on the communicator re-programmed. How do I do that? Is there somewhere I can take it or by a bit of kit to DIY it?

Like the panel, the communicator is really old. When it tries to dial out it uses pulse dialling instead of tone. I assume that still works?

Following on from the first helpful reply ......

The communicator in your panel is designed to call a receiver at an alarm company, signals are sent between the two to identify alarmed premises and what type of event has caused it to signal etc, etc. It's NOT designed to call a mobile, it could perhaps be reprogrammed to do that but there are at least two problems,

1. getting it reprogrammed in the first place, a special programmer is required a Scantronic 7300

2. when it dials and your phone answers because it does not get a 'message received' signal it will try up to, I think 8 times, will cost you a fortune

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay

quite simply NO (put that in capitals for Arfur mo) the 9056 is designed to talk to a remote reciever only

quite simply NO (put that in capitals for Arfur mo) the 9056 is designed to talk to a remote reciever only

Agree with last reply the digi is meant only to talk to a central station,you will need a stand alone speech dialer ,if you are not in the trade that may be difficult unless maplins do them these days!.

Paul.

your best and easiest way is to fit a dedicated voice dialer, i'd recommend the texecom version but there are many alternatives. or swap out the panel for a later Gardtec CPX/G490 which has voice dialer built in

making a communicator dial you mobile even if you can get it re-chipped will be very basic and i'd guess costly exercise, the chip may no longer be available. on an alarm you will receive several calls as you can't issue the message received 'kiss off' to stop the communicator redialling, it will then register a fail to communicate on the keypad which you might understand, but should you be on holiday your keyholder/s won't

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

try to be more helpful Angus, simply NO to what?

the pulse dialing will still work (but see my previous reply).

regs

Alan

Guest anguscanplay
try to be more helpful Angus, simply NO to what?

the pulse dialing will still work (but see my previous reply).

regs

Alan

your forgetting the last time someone asked about connecting a digi to a mobile, why thats I wonder?

oh yeah egg on your face. NO it doesnt work - end of

your forgetting the last time someone asked about connecting a digi to a mobile, why thats I wonder?

oh yeah egg on your face. NO it doesnt work - end of

ok Angus,

try this everyone, phone your mobile from a fax machine observe what happens?

1) your phone rings - agreed? wicked

2) the calling number is displayed on you handset (unless withheld) agreed? wicked

3) so the person in possession of the mobile knows where the call originated from - agreed? wicked

4) person also has the brain to know (as there is no conversation) it was the fax machine dialing him - agreed wicked?

5) the call will be repeated several times - agreed? wicked

6) now replace fax machine with digicom and what now happens? ALL OF THE ABOVE - agreed wicked?

so ok a littel crude, so ok not perfect maybe, very possiby not the best option but then i never claimed it would be, BUT IT WILL WORK

so now explain to everyone and the O/P why it won't work - or simply suck up the egg thats over YOUR OWN face.

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
ok Angus,

try this everyone, phone your mobile from a fax machine observe what happens?

1) your phone rings - agreed? wicked

2) the calling number is displayed on you handset (unless withheld) agreed? wicked

3) so the person in possession of the mobile knows where the call originated from - agreed? wicked

4) person also has the brain to know (as there is no conversation) it was the fax machine dialing him - agreed wicked?

5) the call will be repeated several times - agreed? wicked

6) now replace fax machine with digicom and what now happens? ALL OF THE ABOVE - agreed wicked?

so ok a littel crude, so ok not perfect maybe, very possiby not the best option but then i never claimed it would be, BUT IT WILL WORK

so now explain to everyone and the O/P why it won't work - or simply suck up the egg thats over YOUR OWN face.

regs

alan

okay so leaving aside the technical reason why you admitted last time it wouldnt work (because I just cant be arsed to go find it ) imagine this situation

the wife rings to see what you want for tea

you dont answer the phone quick enough

she rings again

you still dont answer it

you decide to ring her back

its engaged because she is telling the mother in law what a selfish, ignorant pig you are

what do you do ? well for one thing it wasnt yer alarm so the boss is going to be a bit peeved off with you leaving early, the local traffic cop isnt going to let you off the ticket because the wife didnt know whever to do sausages or fish and when you get home you`ll cop indegestion from all the rushing about in which case you`d have been better having an indian and cutting out the middle man

its a non starter

Archived