Security Installer Community

Rucksack Toolbox

Just seen in the latest IPT catalogue a Rucksack which opens up into a field engineer tool kit, how handy is that for town centre and city engineers!

It's made by CK and also has a dociment pouch and mobile phone holder. It costs

Back to school :lol:

Yep :lol:

When I worked for Modern Alarms I use to cover Cheltenham Town Centre that was it. I can remember parking my car and pulling my toolbox all around the shops, I would have loved a toolbox like that.

I also use to be an Engineering Manager for Group 4 Systems and part of my patch was London. I use to follow my engineers around London carrying tools, dockets etc... Typically in the city you have to park miles from your car.

Regards

Dave

I have used one of these...

632052.jpg

for years now, I'm on my 3rd I think. Great bit of kit, it holds all I need for regular servicing, dockets etc, Soft casing do it wont scratch surfaces. The only downside is it looks a little too much like a lappy bag so when onsite I always unzip it so they can see it's not, and it wont get half inched.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Ive got one of those rucksacks and they can be very handy, you can fit a laptop in there as well.

One drawback, mine was getting a bit heavy due to cramming too much in and the stitching all tore on the straps.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

632052.jpg

for years now, I'm on my 3rd I think. Great bit of kit, it holds all I need for regular servicing, dockets etc, Soft casing do it wont scratch surfaces. The only downside is it looks a little too much like a lappy bag so when onsite I always unzip it so they can see it's not, and it wont get half inched.

Where does the battery go then?

:P

cheers

not directly related but i did this to my old dewalt 18v and i used to keep drill bits, screws etc in the drill case. Well they got and shorted the spare battery. My car could have gone up

Remind me to clean out my drill case pls........!

cheers

I use a soft case , meter, ibt, screwdrivers, snips 2 set of pliers ect (hands tools are "tower" ones from senate the base tool being the same as my ck cuttters) cmc /pmv & hand over pads in the centre I paid thirty odd quid for it

bag

Again I've got a large raco box which has my install tools in it, downside is I can't carry it far....

not directly related but i did this to my old dewalt 18v and i used to keep drill bits, screws etc in the drill case. Well they got and shorted the spare battery. My car could have gone up

All ways had matika battery tools, one battery in drill other in torch 3rd in case will plastic cover over the termials ;)

632052.jpg

Where does the battery go then?

:P

cheers

Batteries, straight from the battery box in the car and to the panel if required. :)

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived