Security Installer Community

Newbie Wireless Advice

Guest DAVE-A

Guest DAVE-A

Hi,

:unsure:

New to this site, but from reading through various threads I think I know straight off the views of some of you regarding wireless, but for various reasons (time, budget, wife, budget...) I think a DIY wireless solution is the only one that will fit my needs. I don't need something that does the whole home automation thing - just sound the alarm when required and maybe send a text message/voice message at the same time.

BT have their VP1000 home monitor kit which looks quite good (available for

Hi,

:unsure:

New to this site, but from reading through various threads I think I know straight off the views of some of you regarding wireless, but for various reasons (time, budget, wife, budget...) I think a DIY wireless solution is the only one that will fit my needs. I don't need something that does the whole home automation thing - just sound the alarm when required and maybe send a text message/voice message at the same time.

BT have their VP1000 home monitor kit which looks quite good (available for

Guest DAVE-A
Why cant you use the exsisting wiring? The VP1000 is a good bit of kit for the DIYer.

The existing wiring is part of what is failing - new central heating system and new carpets have knocked out one of the three zones.

Thanks for the info re: the vp1000

The BT system is a dumbed down Visonic PowerMax anyway. But bear in mind that for a

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest DAVE-A

just ordered the BT package (control box, 2 x PIDs, 1 remote control fob, 1 door/window magnetic sensor) and an additional remote keypad unit, for under

Archived