Security Installer Community

Veritas 8

Guest Steve Walters

Guest Steve Walters

The problem is I have mislaid the engineering code. I have the door entry code. Whats the easiest way I can get into programming mode to reset the password? I have tried powering down everything, but to no effect. ( I read one of the messages for another system and that mentioned a default link which would need shorting during power-up - is this possible with the Veritas?)

Regards Steve

stevewalters8@hotmail.com

Hi Steve,

There is no links (as far as I know) on the Veritas 8 to default the system. If you do manage to default the system then you would probably have to re-programme it from scratch, so I would recommend you get a local alarm engineer to come and sort this out for you.

If you have a copy of the Engineers manual it should tell you how to reset the system to factory defaults.

Members of this site are unable to give details on how to default panels (unless you are in the trade and can prove this) as this would constitute a security risk as then anyone could tamper with someones alarm system.

Regards

Dale

• 1 month later...
Guest Deborah Nicholson

HELP!

I've recently had a new kitchen fitted and the fitter moved a sensor.

When I set the alarm (Veritas 8) on part set (doors only) it works fine but when I set it on full set (doors and sensors) the sensor in the kitchen (zone 6) beeps continuously.

I've tried omitting all the zones within full set hoping that would clear zone 6 but have now lost all the other zones and 6 is still beeping. Does anyone know how to put all the zones back into full set and cancel zone 6?

Thanks.

Deborah :(

Zone 6 is obviously at fault,short term , omit it - enter code , press FULL , OMIT , all zones lit will be added to the Full program , so toggle the leds until you have all your used zones on , then turn off zone 6 (led off) press prog and it should arm .Then get the kitchen fitter to get an alarm engineer to sort it. ;)

Guest DeborahNicholson

What exactly does "toggle the leds" mean?! Sorry I'm not very good with technical things.

And if I "toggle the leds" will that put all the other zones back into full set as at the moment the only zone in full set is zone 6.

Deborah :)

When you press code , full,omit , the zones about to be armed are lit , if led 1 is lit , press key 1 , it will go off , press 1 again and it will go on ( toggle) .If you have a system with 6 zones , all 6 will be lit , to omit zone 6 , press key 6 , and the led should toggle off!. :D

Guest Deborah Nicholson

I tried to omit zone 6 and the light did go off. However, when I then pressed prog the light came back on and the alarm started beeping very fast! I tried it several times but could not get it to omit zone 6. Do you have any other suggestions?

Deborah :wacko:

Archived