Security Installer Community

Remote Keypads For Veritas Excel

Guest Guest_Dave_*

Guest Guest_Dave_*

Hi, can anyone help, I have just installed a Veritas Excel control Panel with 3 PIR's, 2 Door contacts and 2 remote keypads (veritas excel). My problem is that although I have given each keypad a different address (1 and 6) and they have a seperate cable run back to the Control panel, when I power up and try and key the code in I get an alarm and the keypads dont seem to be recognised. If I only connect one RKP then the system works fine, I have disconnected both individually and both work individually. Is this a problem with the addressing? I have checked the wiring run and all connections and they seem fine- I have wired both RKPs on their own cable runs(only about 2 meters) to control pannel :

12V(RKP) to +(keypad network Connection on control panel),

0V(RKP) to -(keypad network Connection on control panel),

T(RKP) to T (keypad network Connection on control panel) and

R(RKP) to R (keypad network Connection on control panel)

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, when you get them working dont forget to 'broadcast text' from your original keypad or you wont have any on the 2nd keypad, text is stored in the keypads on the Excel.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest Guest_Dave_*
To set them corectly:

Keypad 1: Turn off all dip switches

Keypad 2: Turn off all dip switches, then turn on dip switch No. 4

This will give them address 1 and address 2..... Yes, I know it looks illogical, but it is correct

Paul

Can i just say thanks! just done this and is working fine (didnt realise it was so important that the addresses had to be in order- it only states different in the installation manual) I'm realy pleased with the system and the text/speach dialer is great....

Thanks again for the help, Dave.

Archived