Security Installer Community

Cop 15-ca35edc Issues

Alexg

Got 3 of these cameras and I'm quite impressed by them, couple of things.

The dip switch on the back 'IR Mode' on/off what exactly is this? do you switch it on if you use an IR lamp at night?

During the day on color mode the picture is quite white, how do you adjust this? I've tried every setting I can find on the camera.

Lastly, when the camera switches back to color from b/w theres a very slight white tinge down the left hand side of the pic.

I'm using it with a day/night "ir coated" varifocal AI lense.

Thanks.

I would probably say yes with the IR dip switch.

White image during the day, have you tried adjusting the the lens setting on the camera or the lens?

The white tinge down the side sounds like a problem, contact COP and see what they say about that

Got 3 of these cameras and I'm quite impressed by them, couple of things.

The dip switch on the back 'IR Mode' on/off what exactly is this? do you switch it on if you use an IR lamp at night?

During the day on color mode the picture is quite white, how do you adjust this? I've tried every setting I can find on the camera.

Lastly, when the camera switches back to color from b/w theres a very slight white tinge down the left hand side of the pic.

I'm using it with a day/night "ir coated" varifocal AI lense.

Thanks.

hi,

i don't know this camera off hand, but the 'IR mode' is with or without Infra Red lighting used and alters the cameras response accordingly.

given you have a white edge as well as to the 'whiteness' or bleaching, have you terminated correctly? a camera signal needs to 'loaded' with 75ohms.

look for a switch on the back of the monitor marked 75ohm (looks like headphones) or Lo Z and Hi Z. make sure its over top 75 ohms (or lo Z). it could be the switch is naff so test with a meter for 75 ohms at the input socket.

if at home, connect to the camera to the yellow AV input plug of your tv, if ok here its not being loaded properly by your monitor or dvr/mpx.

otherewise you need to look at the BLC settings and the lens trimmers, but before you alter them try a fixed non-auto iris lens. i suggest you set your cameras up on the ground in a test area, saves loads of tiring and frustrating clambering up and down ladders, then you can set the true focus when in place as the lasts task - a portable lcd test monitor is well worth the cost if you are installing cctv regularly :yes:.

hope this helps

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Many thanks guys,

It's not a termination issue as it's running through a DVR and it's intermitent, I'll contact cop, Thanks for the help on the other issues too, that clears that up

Many thanks.

Archived