Security Installer Community

Hello....

Guest hudson

Allow myself to introduce myself.... .:P

Names Hudson, (john to me mates) from Bilston in west miglands, now living in geordie land....

Desperate late night searching for a strange code my Nexus 8 alarm was showing.... Sr (service required) apparently, but heres the beef, i dont think the last guy did anything to "service" his alarm.

Any how, any suggestions/recommendations.?? heers lads nice forum btw.

Boing Boing .. :D

H.

There is probably an alarm companies telephone number written somewhere on the system... most likely place is the bell box. Give the number a ring and ask them to come and either service the system or remove the service timer.

I recommend having the system serviced as they will certify your alarm is working correctly for another year.. which should get you an insurance discount.

Dale

thanks for the advice. Out of interest, i dont think the alarms ever been serviced, so whats the chances of getting the timer turned off. is that soemthing i can do or is it a job for the engineers. Alsoany estimates on what an alram service will cost (just got front and rear door and 3 room sensors.

Thanks for the timely responses.

H

Guest Peter James

Hi John

Most companies charge from £45.00 upwards (we charge £48.00 for Domestic) this is not just for the visit, it covers free technical support, 24hr call out (if you need to call us out there is a charge but it,s alot cheaper than if you didnt have a service contract),

free 24hr support we can usually talk you through most probs without the need for attendance, and of course the service visit the engineer will also talk you through any queries you may have about the system, and will do any small adjustments you may require (move a detector etc)as long as it is within the alotted time.

all for less than a £1.00 a day

Pete :)

No name or number on the box, cannot find any number reference at all. will get in contact with the guy who owned thehouse before we moved here. Just what u need at christmas innit, an alarm say service me for christmas... Bah. Ah well n/m ...

/me grumbles somethign about money christmas, bloddy alarm.......

H :D

Guest Peter James

Hmm sounds like a DIY job, you're better of finding a local company to look after it.

Most of us wouldnt dream of switching the service timer on.

Pete :)

Guest Mike Hunt

Hudson, why not try Initial Fire And Security. A national company that will probably charge you well in excess of £100 for the pleasure in servicing your alarm system and charge you extra for callouts. Bargin !!!!

Archived