Security Installer Community

Initail Shorrock Alarm

borris

Bit of a vague one this, but I am going to a site soon that has an Initial alarm in it. I have been told that it was only built for Initial but how true this is I don't know.

The alarm has a remote keypad of about 20x10 c, metal case with membrane keys. There is a lcd display about 5x3 cm. It has the zone numbers on the display in rows of 4 or 5, the display is like the modes on a calculator(when it says deg, rad etc.). There are no other markings on the alarm other than "Initial". I am going to try and get a photo but just in case this sounds familiar to anyone...

cheers

initial took over securicor which used to have a panel called a valiant built for them. its a big grey box with blue keypad to what i can remember.never really got head around them as didnt stay with initial very long, do remember though that i got issued a molex connector type gun to connect cables into pirs.

That sounds like the shorrock 1500 or the 2000 does it have a keyhole near the buttons??? :ph34r:

Quote of the day: A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying damn we fcuked up!!!

management treat us like mushrooms!! keep us in the dark and feed us bullsiht!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HomeSecurityServicesUK

Boris email me I was with Initial (shorrocks) if it is a 1600 it will be a white blank end station and a white plastic rkp and an lcd display.If the box is a olive colour with the keypad on board it will be a 2000 series or if its white with the rkp on board it will be a 2100.also the 2000 and 2100 have a lockable front.

Archived