Security Installer Community

texecom R8 and ST AV digicom

Guest danny.m

Guest danny.m

HI All

This is a really good site and i am wondering if anyone has an answer to my question.

An installation we did some time ago is now showing a strange problem the client tests the system every month and the last 4 months have shown a problem with the operation of the PA buttons, in that when they are pressed the alarm activates as normal but the ST digicom fails to operate, even after some two minutes,but here is the bit i dont quite understand when the client enters there code to reset the system the digi then connects to the central station and they get a responce right away.

The digi and panel work ok on intruder activation there is no problem here.

The panel is a Texecon R8C and is about 5 years old, i have checked all connections and checked the voltage on the channel 2 of the comms outputs and when the system goes into PA activation the voltage goes low, this also happens on intruder activation so i take it this is correct.

So any help would be great and thanks.

Yours Danny

Sounds to me as though the Digi needs to relearn its inputs.

Are you using resistors to pull the inputs high prior to them being triggered low.???

If not its a good idea to rewire all the inputs even those not being used and pull them all up high with 1K resistors, just insert the channel triggers and ensure they all trigger LOW.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest danny.m

HI Dave

Thanks for your advice there are resistors fitted, having got through to Texecom help line they have also stated the problem lies with the digicom as the panel operated correctly. I have decided rather than muck about we will just change the digicom and hope thats all thats wrong. One problem i have is i dont have the engineers notes for the ST digicm as the engineer who fitted it no longer works for us and he took most of the manuals with him so i cant even check to see if maybe the digi just needs re-programmed.

Anyway dave thanks for your help

Danny

Archived