Security Installer Community

Veritas R8

Guest Rumble

Hi All,

I have a Veritas R8.

The previous owner has the delay entry set to the back door of the house.

I want to change this so that I can come in my front door without waking up

the neighbours.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This is a engineer-only programmable function , you will need the engineer code , and the relevent installation manual (it is quite possible that the eng. code is locked into the panel).Might be an idea to get the alarm checked over , serviced and reprogrammed to suit your needs. :rolleyes:

If you know what you are doing , you could just open the panel and swop the zone wiring. :o

I agree with Fastcar, there is no telling what condition the alarm system is in, the last thing any customer wants is to think they are protected then the alarm fails to function. Get a local engineer to give your system a once over.

Also - the VR8 is a nice system, if its serviced and maintained regularly it should last forever.

Thanks for the advice .. unfortunately the alarm company has set the engineers

pin and they wont tell me what it is.

System was serviced not so long ago and is otherwise fine.

I have access to engineers manual now, so can make the changes, but need to

find the engineers code.

Is it possible to reset the system to defaults?

Thanks

Rumble?

If you read some previous posts you will understand why some companies set the engineers code , and are reluctant to reveal it.As yours is set , then that company are the only people able to service or reprogram your system.Instead of asking for the code , ask them to reprogrm the 2 circuits ( about 16 keypresses) and ensure that the code is not locked-in , that way ,they get to keep the maintenance contract ,and if their company goes under , you can get another company to crash the system back to defaults and start again. ;)

Yes I understand the reasons why its done and would no doubt do the same myself !

I think what I need to know is how to crash the system back to defaults .. any ideas?

Thanks

If the code is locked-in (miscellaneous section 0.1 option 8) , then you could crash the system , loose all your programmed options eg. part set suit,final door set , changes of entry zones in part set etc.and then not be able to reprogram ie. you would be stuck with factory defaults apart from the eng. code!!.I would still try to get the code unlocked/changed or swop the zone wiring. <_<

If you have access to the installer guide , it tells you how to crash it back, we can't discuss that here. :o

note: allegedly , the guy who was jailed for 5 years for killing a motorcyclist while talking on his mobile , was an alarm engineer.If he has his own eng. code , then there will be a few alarms going without a service for 5 years.

Thanks Fastcar...

Unfortunatly swopping the wiring wont do the job as the keypad is in the kitchen so would set it off when entering that zone.

I have a copy of the engineers manual on its way from a friendly alarm engineer at work,so guess it will have to be crashed and reset !

Just one more question though, what do you mean by the code being Locked in?

Rumble.

what he means is that the last company can program their engineer code into the panel so that when you crash/default the panel, it will not revert back to the default texecom engineer code. You would then have to change the panel or send it to texecom to be unlocked.

Colin.

Archived