Security Installer Community

Nightvision With A 540tvl Sony

Guest stevey

Are you sure this camera is IR sensentive. Waste of time fitting Lamp otherwise

Chris

From sony website

About this product

Day/Night function

SSC-E470 Series features a "Day/Night" capability, which provides optimized sensitivity in both day and night shooting applications. Under low light condition, SSC-E470 series automatically switches the infrared cut filter to a clear dummy filter and changes to B/W mode. This results in minimum illumination of 0.05 lx which is a drastic improvement from 0.55 lx in color mode. The refractive index of the dummy filter is adjusted to visible spectrum, considering that there is some visible light even under dark circumstances in the majority of cases. Therefore, if only infrared illuminator is available as light source, the object will become out of focus with standard lens. There are some near-infrared compatible lenses available from several manufacturers including Cosmicar to avoid it.

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

The camera is IR sensitive. However, it 'focus shifts' due to the refractive index of the filter. Am I correct in saying that with a TV ZOOM LENS I could manually adjust the focus anyway, to what is required via telemetry?

But an iris that is closed more = requires more illumination at nightime...

OK

How much would I be looking for a 1/3" CS mount 60mm or 80mm TV zoom lens as new?

What about second hand?

If it's for outside mate you'd be better with a 1/2" lens assuming it's a 1/2" ccd. Even if it's a 1/3" ccd, this is a neat trick for getting better quality pictures, as the highest quality manufacturing in a lens is in the centre of it, so you'd be providing your ccd with more of 'the good bit'

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

Guest stevey
If it's for outside mate you'd be better with a 1/2" lens assuming it's a 1/2" ccd. Even if it's a 1/3" ccd, this is a neat trick for getting better quality pictures, as the highest quality manufacturing in a lens is in the centre of it, so you'd be providing your ccd with more of 'the good bit'

So a 1/2" C mount lens will work with a 1/3" CS mount CCD, how!

Guest stevey
Its just a lens, however some of the image will overlap the chip and you wont see the outer edges of the picture produced by the lens.

easy to get lined up although u wouldn't be able to physically screw it in? or is there a 1/2" C to 1/3" CS adapter??

easy to get lined up although u wouldn't be able to physically screw it in? or is there a 1/2" C to 1/3" CS adapter??

The physical size of the chip 1/2", 1/3" or 1/4" is what it is being refered to. C or CS mount is the distance from the back of the lens to the camera.

So if you fitted a 1/2" lens to 1/3" CCD some of the picture will be missing, likewise if you fitted a 1/3" lens to a 1/2" camera you will have a picture with a black edge border round it.

Guest stevey
The physical size of the chip 1/2", 1/3" or 1/4" is what it is being refered to. C or CS mount is the distance from the back of the lens to the camera.

So if you fitted a 1/2" lens to 1/3" CCD some of the picture will be missing, likewise if you fitted a 1/3" lens to a 1/2" camera you will have a picture with a black edge border round it.

still a snug fit?

Archived