Security Installer Community

Nightvision With A 540tvl Sony

Guest stevey

Hi all,

I have the 12V DC Sony world's first 540tvl Colour Day Night Camera Model SSC-E473P

http://www.sctltd.co.uk/acatalog/DayNightCams.html

For infrared lighting I have a 140 LED, 80o wide angle led jobbie, that outputs enough IR for up to 50 meters. (From Hongkong but it seems to do the job well)

I am thinking about using this camera with a PTZ system. I think I need a ZOOM lens instead or a DIRECT DRIVE LENS? You see on the side of the CCTV camera there is a 'Panasonic Plug' with 4 pins if you like, for DIRECT DRIVE.

1. If I connected a DD lens to this, how would I go about controlling it via telemetry, as theres no outputs for this on the back! Or am I wrong because you need a ZOOM lens for PTZ installs?

2. Am I correct in thinking that I will have to remotely adjust the focus when going from daylight at day to infrared night vision?

3. What do you think about my setup overall in comparison to the rest? I see you call it low range - so what is regarded as high range then? :rolleyes:

Thanks

Steve

Direct drive means the camera controls the iris in the lens via the P plug in the side of the camera.

What your actually thinking of is TV Zoom lens where the zoom function is controlled remotely, not by the camera.

You might be better with an AUTO Iris, which connects at the back via a 3 Pin Push to i nsert connector, this wont give you zoom but will give you the best focus with IR. If you can try an get a Vari-focal, as you can then tweak the focal length a bit better. If you want to zoom and control the amount of zoom remotley then you will need an electronic zoom lense, and may need telemetry.

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

If you are using a PTZ controller with lens control, you would need an intrface that can take the telemetry signal for the lens control at the camera, then you would be able to control the lens.

If you are using a PTZ controller with lens control, you would need an intrface that can take the telemetry signal for the lens control at the camera, then you would be able to control the lens.

The interface can take a lens signal, and send it down the the telemetry receiver.

The receiver supports FOCUS ZOOM IRIS control. I am not too worried about iris control as the iris can be left fully open for all I care as the camera can automatically adjust its gain/aperture. So I think I need a TV zoom lens that lets me remotely control the zoom and the focus. Do TV zoom lenses fit straight onto the camera?

In terms of optical zoom at least x10 would be required if possible, any links to any DECENT websites that can supply me with the kit that I require?

Thanks, Steve

I am not too worried about iris control as the iris can be left fully open for all I care as the camera can automatically adjust its gain/aperture.

Thanks, Steve

You shouldn't do that because the smaller the iris is the better the dynamics (better focus tuning for longer range). In stable lightning you can use manual iris but even then you shouldn't leave it fully open. Just enough.

You shouldn't do that because the smaller the iris is the better the dynamics (better focus tuning for longer range). In stable lightning you can use manual iris but even then you shouldn't leave it fully open. Just enough.

But an iris that is closed more = requires more illumination at nightime...

OK

How much would I be looking for a 1/3" CS mount 60mm or 80mm TV zoom lens as new?

What about second hand?

But you have illumination.. Naturally iris is more open during the night time but there is a daytime too.. :yes:

OK

How much would I be looking for a 1/3" CS mount 60mm or 80mm TV zoom lens as new?

TZ660RAI 1/3" 6-60mm 10X F1.0-1200 VIDEO-Iris

OK

What about second hand?

Ive sold quite a few used ones on Ebay over the last few years, mostly for under

Archived