Security Installer Community

Risk Assessment Training

secboy

If i install a system as per the insurance companies Grade and spec ? all they can do is check it is installed correctly to PD6662.

Wrong track the course I'm on about is for ALL works not for intruder alarm risk assessment!!.

Anyone involved in direct communication to customer contracts and control of over staff on site should look into this topic asap or you will be caught out guys!!!!!!!!!!!!.

BIT CHEESED OFF WROTE A GREAT REPLY FOR 10 MINS AND WIPED THE LOT(WOT A PRAT)

Any way to cut a long story short the course I did was for the general risk assessment that every one must do before they carry out ANY work------YES any WORK it is why we are coming up against only using towers to fit alarm and cctv on larger sites they are imposing controls which are being ignored by smaller companies but which will have to be imposed by ALL.

Not in the office but will post links tomorrow for all who are interested??(for all those who control employees I suggest you get involved in this ASAP!!!!!!!.

Regards Paul.

Any news ????

Any news ????

Hi! the two sites to look at for info on this are as follows;

www.britishsafetycouncil.co.uk

www.hse.gov.uk

The reference to grade two is that it is more than just telling the trainee what has to be done it also gives the trainee a recognised qualification confirming that they are competent to carry out the assessment.

I'm a little confused by an earlier post that due to the procedures used by the insurance companies the requirements of the en regs can be ignored,this is not correct the responsibility of the alarm company survey must still apply.

I do point out again that this risk assessment training is for the assessment which will be applied to any works not the intruder based risk.

Hope thats helped.

Regards

Paul.

Done the Tavcom one which if passed credits you towards somthing :hmm: to be honest i personally would not bother as the insurance companies are starting to dictate the grade as we are finding out, so they must have carried out the risk assessment. So if they grade the system i dont need to grade it or carry out a risk assement to determine the grade :rolleyes:

No no no no no!!! the responsibilty by the security company still applies to carry out the risk assessment,I assume you have made this statement from the position of an employee who carries out the final works rather than someone involved in the initial survey If you have said it as someone who does carry out the initial survey I would review your opinion on this coz if you are NSI /ssaib approved you could lose your status!!!!!!

Paul.

Archived