Security Installer Community

Risk Assessment Training

secboy

Hi !guys just got back from one day British Safety council training course to officially qualify me and a collegue as "competant" writers of risk assessments.

Reason we did it was due to the grey area surrounding the use of the word "competant" to carry out the task so we wanted a training course which would give accepted accreditation for the task.

The course we chose was "level 2 certificate in risk assessment" and is recognised by the HSE,and run by the "BRITISH SAFETY COUNCIL",this gives us a qualification certificate to confirm having been on the training course and satisfied the instructors that we have shown ourselves to be competant in the task!.

It was held at the novotel in hammersmith west London(nice gaff) with approximately 20 people taking part,without being sexist I hope I was surprised at how many ladies were on the course(we better watch out guys there starting to take over!).

Lunch was included in the hotel with a chef cutting off hugh swathes of meat to our requirements with loads of veg and stuff which we helped our selves to,very nice!!!!!!!!.

Living in sunny Clacton on the east coast was a bit of a bind as had to drive to dagenham then get the district line to hammersmith which took an hour there and an hour back(luckily missed rush hour both ways)left home at 05.30 am and got home at 21.00 due to A12 being closed again both ways (nackard or wot).

Well worth doing though and we are looking at other relevent training to take in the next 6months, its not cheap and luckily I have it paid for me but its a worth while investment especialy for anyone who carrys out large projects for national sized companies-every thing we touch in the next couple of years we be governed and controlled by the new regs which have kicked in,in 2005 the sooner we get equiped for it the more lead we will have against the competition.

Regards

Paul.

Hi !guys just got back from one day British Safety council training course to officially qualify me and a collegue as "competant" writers of risk assessments.

Reason we did it was due to the grey area surrounding the use of the word "competant" to carry out the task so we wanted a training course which would give accepted accreditation for the task.

The course we chose was "level 2 certificate in risk assessment" and is recognised by the HSE,and run by the "BRITISH SAFETY COUNCIL",this gives us a qualification certificate to confirm having been on the training course and satisfied the instructors that we have shown ourselves to be competant in the task!.

It was held at the novotel in hammersmith west London(nice gaff) with approximately 20 people taking part,without being sexist I hope I was surprised at how many ladies were on the course(we better watch out guys there starting to take over!).

Lunch was included in the hotel with a chef cutting off hugh swathes of meat to our requirements with loads of veg and stuff which we helped our selves to,very nice!!!!!!!!.

Living in sunny Clacton on the east coast was a bit of a bind as had to drive to dagenham then get the district line to hammersmith which took an hour there and an hour back(luckily missed rush hour both ways)left home at 05.30 am and got home at 21.00 due to A12 being closed again both ways (nackard or wot).

Well worth doing though and we are looking at other relevent training to take in the next 6months, its not cheap and luckily I have it paid for me but its a worth while investment especialy for anyone who carrys out large projects for national sized companies-every thing we touch in the next couple of years we be governed and controlled by the new regs which have kicked in,in 2005 the sooner we get equiped for it the more lead we will have against the competition.

Regards

Paul.

Paul, care to give us a bit more info - cost of the course, details of what the programme dealt with?

Guest LimeCCTV.co.uk

Could you kindly indicate any Risk Assessment information sources (internet links etc) you consider our community might find relevant and helpful?

Thanks in advance.

Done the Tavcom one which if passed credits you towards somthing :hmm: to be honest i personally would not bother as the insurance companies are starting to dictate the grade as we are finding out, so they must have carried out the risk assessment. So if they grade the system i dont need to grade it or carry out a risk assement to determine the grade :rolleyes:

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

So is this a "general" course suitable for anyone or do you need a bit if insider knowledge first ??

You say this is level 2.... what happened to level 1 ??!!

BIT CHEESED OFF WROTE A GREAT REPLY FOR 10 MINS AND WIPED THE LOT(WOT A PRAT)

Any way to cut a long story short the course I did was for the general risk assessment that every one must do before they carry out ANY work------YES any WORK it is why we are coming up against only using towers to fit alarm and cctv on larger sites they are imposing controls which are being ignored by smaller companies but which will have to be imposed by ALL.

Not in the office but will post links tomorrow for all who are interested??(for all those who control employees I suggest you get involved in this ASAP!!!!!!!.

Regards Paul.

Archived