Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c HELP?!?!

Guest Guest_Natalie

Guest Guest_Natalie

hello,

Can anyone help me?

I've inherited a veritas 8c but no instruction manual, it's been working fine so

far but I had to turn the electricity off for a couple of hours while i had a faulty socket replaced.

When i turned the power back on, all the lights on the panel are lit up yet when i try to enter the code (or, indeed press any of the buttons), nothing happens.

Ive no idea as to whether the alarm is working or not.

does anyone know whats wrong/how to fix it or do i need the professionals?

Thankyou!

Natalie

Sounds as though you need a new Backup Battery, so youll need to get your existing one replaced.

So long as the mains have been back on for a few hours and given the Dead battery a bit of a charge you should be able to turn OFF the mains to the alarm, and then re-apply after a few seconds. Your panel should spring back to life.

It would be worthwhile having the system serviced, as the battery being low suggests it may not have been looked at for a few years, batteries need replacing every 4 or 5 years.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest Guest_Natalie

Thanks for the advice.

I know that the fuse for the alarm is in the fuse box(!), but where is the battery located & where could i buy a new one from?

Thankyou.

The Backup battery is located in the main control panel, the 8c requires a 1.9 or 2.1Ah battery which you can purchase from any Maplins branch.

Maplins - http://www.maplin.co.uk./

In the search box at the top lhs of the page just type in "2.1Ah battery"

or click the link below:

Maplins Backup Battery Price List

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest Guest_Natalie

I' tried turning off the mains to the alarm and the reapplying it but still no luck.

All the red & green lights on the panel remain lit up but when i press any button, nothing happens.

(The power has been back on for 2 days now).

any more suggestions??

Thankyou.

Archived