Security Installer Community

Hillarious True Mishaps At Work Section?

arfur mo

we have a jokes section, so i thought why not have have a section to relate classic laughs at your own or someone elses embarresment, and share them here - like darwinawards.com for the security industries? don't name the the poor sole/company or denegrate them - play nice please!.

i'll do a new post to start it off

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

as prommised to start the ball rolling

while working for a company i had to install a system in a house which was part way through a major extension. i needed stores so had to go into my office to get them. unfortunately i developed a very bad gastric complaint (the trotts) and was in need of the loo, i could not use the office toilets as it would have rendered them, and the small office 'out of action'.

so gritting my teethe, grabbed the stores i needed in record time, not daring to stop in a garage on the way in case i was refused access, i eventually and thankfully got to site. raced in the front door, straight into the bog and 'unloading' for about 25 minutes.

pulled the chain several times and exited. this detail is brought ito focus as a few moments after i left the toilet, the front door flew open to reveal a very angry plummer - soaked from the kneck down in all sorts of mess :ranting: .

apparently he had to switch over the soil pipes from one to another down a 5ft deep pit, and had told everone on the site not to use the toilets - unfortunately except for me as i was late on site.

it did not help his temper that he lived in portsmouth and the house was in brentwood, essex. so he could not go home to change, and boy did he pen & ink, the ribbing and banter on site was magic.

when he finally calmed down he said he heard the water approaching but could not get out of the way in time, so though he was only going to get a drenching - woooops!.

regs

Arfur Mo :)

Unloading for 25minutes!!!! Some clearout that was mate. The poor plumber.

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Many moons ago, in the good days of pagers (before mobile phones) I had a rota where we had to work 1 or 2 late nights to cover up till 8:30pm, the permanent Night Man came on at 8pm.

Well this had been a very hot day and a very very hot sticky summers night, and it had been very quite with no calls. I lived in Essex so I slowly crept out of London towards home desperate to get in the shower and down a few cold brews.

The Pager bleeps at 8:20 thinking it must be serious to bother me that close to clocking off, so I decide to phone in. several temporary toilets later (they were the days) I find a working pay phone, and I get asked to go to St Johns Wood (NW London). Remonstrating that the night man was free and it would be 9:30 before I even got there - I

I was detailed to go to a clothes shop to complete an alarm system, as the original engineer had gone on holiday. I had to install controls, 999, bell and run a multi-core cable to connect the rear of the shop. I calculated if I really went for it I could be all done by 1pm and home by 20 past

• 2 months later...

a group of builders i did a lot of work with, had a guy called peter who as a hobby grew those really enormouse plants, carrots, pumpkins etc, another member of the team chris was the epitimy of the total scrounger, and kept pestering pete asking for some seeds for his new garden.

so peter got some seed trays and placed seeds from every garden thorn or weed he could find, and neatly set them out in the trays. all had been gened up to the prank so when chris came around to show off his bargain the trays, he was asking what we all though. so natuarlly played along asking how much he had paid - '

a group of builders i did a lot of work with, had a guy called peter who as a hobby grew those really enormouse plants, carrots, pumpkins etc, another member of the team chris was the epitimy of the total scrounger, and kept pestering pete asking for some seeds for his new garden.

so peter got some seed trays and placed seeds from every garden thorn or weed he could find, and neatly set them out in the trays. all had been gened up to the prank so when chris came around to show off his bargain the trays, he was asking what we all though. so natuarlly played along asking how much he had paid - '

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived