Security Installer Community

Hillarious True Mishaps At Work Section?

arfur mo

Guest intikab

Arfur, you seem to have your fair share of excellent stories! I hope it's not an Essex 'fing!

• 3 months later...

i once got called out to a foamed bellbox at a working mens club in Leeds, i had my step ladders up as it was a low building and was trying my hardest but could not get the cover off the bellbox, the customer came out to see if i was okay and returned with a large black hammer in order to help me, the hammer was a rubber type that he used for his barrels, Quick as a flash i took it from him and hit the bellbox with a clean whack that would had floored king kong. I went to work the next day with a massive black eye after the hammer bounced straight off the bellbox and into my face knocking me clean off the steps.what a muppet.

Steve Haley

No Entry Security Limited

We were working on a row of houses in a mews just off Park Lane (13 in fact all with redcare and TS900/TS2500`s) We were able to avail ourselves of the basement swimming pools.......yer i know luxury or wot.....After the swim we didnt cover the pools or shut the doors to the pool/gym areas. On monday we had a phone call asking if we had indeed used the pools, of course we said no.

The heated pools had stripped off all the wallpaper in several areas, said wallpaper was 45 quid a roll.

Oops.

cheers

• 5 months later...

hi all,

been a bit quiet in this thread.

before i started up my own business i was asked by my supervisor to give him a hand on an installation at one of his nobby mates large houses on a 'pj', he knew i was good at hiding cables, quick and neat. for his own 'respect' in front of his mate he wanted to do the technical bit and fit the controls, but asked me to remove the old one's ready for him. which i do and label all the cables up.

this control unit was in an a low under stair cupboard, also had a small safe in it so a bit of a squeeze and he was about 15 stones, so i'm now onto putting up the hall pir and sounder, get asked "have you dissed off the mains?" so reply "yes" a bit annoyed at even being asked such as tupid question, so i think what a dipstick and turn to offer back a kurt remark, just has he plunges his hand into one of those round 4 terminal mains j/b's which is above the safe, i watch and see the nett result -: arm flies back elbow hits wall at position of 'funny bone', which cause's arm to go forward returning fingers into the j/b this is repeated about 10 times, and would make a graphic demo of how a buzzer worked to a trainee or apprentice.

you could as excpect the air went very blue, i was called everything under the sun, i had told him i had disconnected the mains and he had checked it with me, what the feck was i playing at yaddi yaddi yah (remember this is a guy who was my supervisor, so should have used his meter or neon screwdriver to practici safe practice), i calmly pointed out i had remove the fuse from alarm spur before removing the alarm panel and showed him, i did not know he wanted to reposition and extend the cable to it - did i? :rolleyes: , his mate just looked on in total disbelief and laughter.

don't think he ever forgave me and i knew he thought i'd 'done him' on purpose, he never asked me to help him again :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi all,

this is one i've seen several times as a service engineer-:

get called out to a house after an installation as carpet is reported wet, after the job done that day. think maybe engineer has lent on radiator causing a leak at a joint, find engineer has used cable clips on cement floor, and the nails go through hidden radiator pipes, get it right and pull up the cable with clips, end up with neat line or fountains as a pretty hall water feature :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi all,

this is one i've seen several times as a service engineer-:

get called out to a house after an installation as carpet is reported wet, after the job done that day. think maybe engineer has lent on radiator causing a leak at a joint, find engineer has used cable clips on cement floor, and the nails go through hidden radiator pipes, get it right and pull up the cable with clips, end up with neat line or fountains as a pretty hall water feature :rolleyes:

regs

alan

We have a sister company that is into property development where almost the exact same has happened.

Carpenter nailed some wall furniture straight through plumbing.

No leak was apparent until nails started to corrode.........

Pull wall furniture off........jet in the face :whistle:

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

Archived