Security Installer Community

Wireless Cameras

Guest agil

need two colour wireless cameras, 50m range (up to 100m, just in case)

are those 2.4 GHz copsecurity cameras any good?

could you recomend them or any others?

From what I have heard the COP wireless transmitters aren't much cop :P

Generally you will be lucky to get 30 metres indoor range and up to 100 meters outside clear line of sight with most standard 2.4Ghz wireless equipment. You will probably need a replacement antenna for over 30 meters indoors but you can always add these later if the standard transmitters and receivers aren't strong enough.

If you are using 2 wireless cameras then look for a 4 channel transmitter and receiver and set the cameras at channle 1 and 4 to keep them as far apart in the frequency range as possible to stop bleed between the cameras..

I have no idea about the wireless cameras but you can get seperate transmitters and receivers that will work with any camera with a composite video output.

i know problems with range

gonna fit receiver as close to outside wall as posiible and camera+ transmiter will be in the garden, approx 20 meters in open space from house receiver

if you can put the receiver outside it is better but in case you put it in the house and wall's are not wood DON't put it very close to the wall.. further the better but half a meter should be enough..

If u wan't serious transmission, look at RDT.

I used one of their transmitter and recievers and got a clear signal over 1 and a half km away across fields with trees and all sorts in the way, you couldn't see each of the devices from the other end even with bonoculars, the transmitter was only a few meters off the ground, and the antenna was up on a pole on a chimney with the reciever mounted into an IP65 box and mounted on the chimney stack, I highly recomend their kit, constant clear signal all year round.

The only grumble I had was norbain took 2 weeks to get it to me, despite it being a listed item in their catalogue, then when it eventually came they had sent two transmitters.

Sorry Alexg, you are living in the analogue world! RDT in my opinion are rubbish plus you have the old analogue problem that anyone can evesdrop on your transmission! However I will say that the pair of RDT's I have here make lovely gold paperweights!! If your serious about wirleless and want to spend a similar value of money comparing to RDT then always look at Verint! 2.4/5Ghz digital wireless, range depends on the antenna's used but I have had 9.8km no probs!! :)cheers Rich!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rockford

We have a camera that uses a baseband 2.4GHz transmitter. It knackers our neighbours WLAN :)

the picture from it is "OK", but it does show some static... Like an analogue TV. Its about 50ft from the receiver.

Archived