Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 48

cdosrun

Hello,

does anyone know what the following fault means in a Texecom log?

"Microphone 00 Alarm" ?

I have the system setup as a trial, it only has one keypad and one DT connected to it, oh yes, and a bell box :whistle: . It just woke me up with a start, is it something to do with an ATS path fault? I haven't enabled signalling.

Thanks,

Andrew

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

Now I am semi-conscious, here is a little more information.

The log extract:

0494 02:07.26 15/01/06 Alarm A . . . Microphone 00 Alarm

0495 02:07.26 15/01/06 Not Reported A . . . Bell Active

0496 02:07.37 15/01/06 Not Reported A B C D System Access by User 02

The system went straight in to external alarm + internal alarm, nothing was displayed no the RKP at all other than the normal standby banner, but typing in a code did reset it. Prior to the alarm going off, the alarm was unset and sitting quite happily in the corner of the room.

Andrew

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

A new one on me im afraid???

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Now I am semi-conscious, here is a little more information.

The log extract:

0494 02:07.26 15/01/06 Alarm A . . . Microphone 00 Alarm

0495 02:07.26 15/01/06 Not Reported A . . . Bell Active

0496 02:07.37 15/01/06 Not Reported A B C D System Access by User 02

The system went straight in to external alarm + internal alarm, nothing was displayed no the RKP at all other than the normal standby banner, but typing in a code did reset it. Prior to the alarm going off, the alarm was unset and sitting quite happily in the corner of the room.

Andrew

I would imagine its to do with audio verification.

Have you an AV module fitted on the expansion port?

Check no comms devices are defined for the expansion port.

Trade Full Member

Good point, but there are no comms units. The system was defined as having a COM2400 connected to the onboard connector (obv without one being present), but they are not capable of audio verification. Expansion port set to "nothing fitted"

Perhaps it is another problem for Texecom, I found one little bug a while ago that is being acted upon, perhaps this is another.

Andrew

Good point, but there are no comms units. The system was defined as having a COM2400 connected to the onboard connector (obv without one being present), but they are not capable of audio verification. Expansion port set to "nothing fitted"

Perhaps it is another problem for Texecom, I found one little bug a while ago that is being acted upon, perhaps this is another.

Andrew

The COM2400 would have shown to have been connected on either com1 or com2. Although as you say the default setup should be no device.

An AV module would show up on the expansion port, not either of the com ports.

Only other thing to suggest is a factory default and put it back on soak for a while.

Trade Full Member

Archived