Security Installer Community

Texecom Com-ip

Guest heliart

Guest heliart

Anyone here used the Texecom ComIP module for their Premier panels?

I've been trying to get my one working, and after speaking to Texecom tech support, I'm still stuck.

Nothing to do with the standard firewall, port issues etc.

Texecom tell me I should be able to ping the panel, but I'm not sure if it would support this.

Anyone have any direct experience?

Thanks,

I haven't used one as yet but if Texecom say it's pingable and you can't ping it you have a problem somewhere!

If you're sure it's not a problem with firewalls then are you 110% sure it's connected up correctly? Do you have link lights where there should be? How is it connected, direct to a PC or through a switch\hub?

Have you set it up correctly on the panel?

Have you set up the com port?

network address?

default gateway?

subnet mask?

port 10001?

what are the leds on the ipcom showing?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest heliart

Right, tonight I have my notebook plugged directly into the Panel, with Ethernet cross over cable.

Connection light is green on the port, and the other light is flashing, so I'm assuming theres ethernet traffic.

There are 3 green LEDs on the Com-IP module on the PCB, the two nearest the ethernet port are on, the 3rd is off.

It's connected into Com1, panel is set for ComIP on COM1, IP address, subnet mask and port all set. I've tried other ports, no luck. Firewall is OFF.

Do I have to reset the panel or something after modifying IP addresses? I'm assuming this information is actually programmed into the ComIP module itself, as the connection from the COM-IP to the COM1 port is just a serial link I guess, so the ethernet functionality is all within the COM-IP module.

Any ideas?

Guest heliart

Got it.

As I suspected, all the IP stuff is in the ComIP module, this appears to be programmed when the panel first powers up, so if I set the IP address etc, I then removed all power, and one next power up the program lights on the ComIP flash for about 30 seconds, and the it works a treat.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Got it.

As I suspected, all the IP stuff is in the ComIP module, this appears to be programmed when the panel first powers up, so if I set the IP address etc, I then removed all power, and one next power up the program lights on the ComIP flash for about 30 seconds, and the it works a treat.

Thanks.

What can you do with a ComIP? i seem to get up the example web page but thats it... how can i program over the LAN?

VJ

• 2 weeks later...

have you set the panel up to accept incoming data from the note book usally on older menveirs(though this isnt your panel) you had to set the panel up to accept the incoming data not sure if this is the case with the premiers or texecoms as never used laptop to program one but would have a good look on that maybe try a patch lead rather than a cross over and also make sur that you have set your pc to a IP setup rather than DHCP because i dont think panels will give DHCP just a programmed IP number gateway and subnet you can only ping the panel if you have an IP to ping hope this has been a little help to you but like i say i have never used 1 before but that sounds like the problem

• 6 months later...
We have used the ComIP for controlling and / or programming the panel, but what about sending alarm events through TCP/IP. We were unable to find any info in how the packets must be interpreted. Does anyone know how ?

What happens when you point a browser, FTP or telnet at it? You would have to change the port number I would guess as the defaults for tehse protocols will most likley have changed....

DJ

Archived