Security Installer Community

Microsoft Access

Nova-Security

ANybody good with Access, i have been setting up a quotation database which when i spent more time a quote will be able to be done by selecting a few items all with combo boxes and then print it out in seconds aleady formatted, looking for somebody to help, its already coming on, just needs some ideas.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest Alarm Guard

I am pretty damned good with access, having constructed a complex multi-relational database. I should be able to answer most questions...... I think

I willPM you both what i am working on, go to forms, quote fill in some details and the press the print button, you will see what i am trying to do.

Cant PM it to big, PM me with your email address and will send it.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Right, just been having a look at it and must admit Im impressed.

The only potential problem Ive noticed so far is that if in future you change the content of text in a report (in response to changes in regs, as an example) this will also change the content of all previous records/design proposals. Unless you are intending to use this DB purely for generating paper based quotes?

Good point :hmm:

How about, do a quote and when it is printed it saves the quote as a word document, the only thing i was trying to do is have a fast way of producing a quotation with selection boxes for items, there is still a bit of work to do and set up of a audible quote, also it was to total up cost of the kit and print a kit list for ordering equipment.

If you typed in some information and printed a report then you can see how easy it is.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

I am sure he would welcome your advise as well.... There is no way any one of us will have complete knowledge of Access, so the more the merrier.

Rich... I have been giving you some advise by pm, but it might be better to do it on here so that anyone else with Access expertise can verify any advise you receive...

Paul

Paul

I agree, but that would mean emailing it to everybody, it has changed since i emailed it to you so keeping up to the changes would be hard and everybody would be on a different version.

Rich

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

Good point :hmm:

How about, do a quote and when it is printed it saves the quote as a word document, the only thing i was trying to do is have a fast way of producing a quotation with selection boxes for items, there is still a bit of work to do and set up of a audible quote, also it was to total up cost of the kit and print a kit list for ordering equipment.

If you typed in some information and printed a report then you can see how easy it is.

It really depends on your admin system. If client details are entered into a DB like this at the ENQUIRY stage then fine using the DB to generate the proposal makes sense as it can also become the as fitted doc after commissioning.

If not and you are just looking for a document generator then Id use a word template similar to the redcare one for risk assessment.

Archived