Security Installer Community

Microsoft Access

Nova-Security

Guest RICHL

Anyone know how to run a report for the current record only (ie press a command button to print an envelope for the current record, without having to enter a parameter value as a ref to the record)?

Guest RICHL

That much I know! Its the query design that Im struggling with.

ATM Ive got a parameter query to do the job, but Ive found this on another site:

The address table TBL_ADDRESSES has a Compound Primary Key and an Autonumber ID set to No duplicates.

The address form uses a query [QRY_ADDRESSES]with all the fields from the TBL_ADDRESSES.

The forms View report button opens a report that uses a copy of QRY_ADDRESSES called QRY_ADDRESS_FOR_REPORT. This query uses the Autonumber ID from the forms underlying query to select only the record that is displayed on the form.

The report will then display only the current record being viewed on the form.

The bit in bold is what Im stuck on. Does anyone know another way to achieve this, also does anyone know anything about the "where" value - there's no help on it and I dont know how to use it in a query.

Ta.

How about a handwriting prog, load it once and hey presto a personalised leter ( well, addressed letter) to your valued clients.

A nice touch i feel.

Keep the quote ect in normal type, but a hand written looking letter is so more personal. Remember we are in their houses and flats, even get to know the clients well over time. //.B.W.F.// i have even been invited to parties. Lets keep it the personal way and beat the conglomerates.

Or shall i grab my hat and coat and close the door on the way out?

:P

cheers

ANybody good with Access, i have been setting up a quotation database which when i spent more time a quote will be able to be done by selecting a few items all with combo boxes and then print it out in seconds aleady formatted, looking for somebody to help, its already coming on, just needs some ideas.

Hi there I may be able to help ?

Have you tried searching the web for contact databases? Microsoft.com also have some freebies if you check the link down the bottom of their welcome screen.

Failing that try UTTERACCESS.COM for everything access !

Hope that helps

Billy

Solutions4CCTV

Keeping an eye on your property

Archived