Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9800 Battery Fault

Guest Bollards

He didn't offer to attend, just told me what to do to silence the internal bell, which was adequate, and as we have never used the alarm anyway, there is not a problem in us being unable to set it until it is properly fixed. It was simple enough for me to do anyway!

Normally Venture are very good, ask for Rachael or Nicola and im sure they will rectify it for you.

The 9800 is normally very reliable.

If the system hasn't been looked at since 92 then its needs a service asap.

Let us know how you get on.

Happy New Year!

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Did you call Crimehalt in Newton Abbot - I am surprised that the on call engineer said he wouldn't come out! What days were you calling - I would like to know?

Glad you got sorted though.

Guest Bollards
Did you call Crimehalt in Newton Abbot - I am surprised that the on call engineer said he wouldn't come out! What days were you calling - I would like to know?

Glad you got sorted though.

It was on Saturday 31st December. I didn't try companies in the Newton Abbot area because I thought that it would be too far for them (having tried a number in the Exeter area who weren't interested - I lost enthusiasm!)

Anyway, we have had a peaceful night thankfully and my husband is going to get a new battery to see if that will temporarily rectify the situation to give us a bit of breathing space before sorting something out with a company who can service it properly for us!

It was on Saturday 31st December. I didn't try companies in the Newton Abbot area because I thought that it would be too far for them (having tried a number in the Exeter area who weren't interested - I lost enthusiasm!)

Anyway, we have had a peaceful night thankfully and my husband is going to get a new battery to see if that will temporarily rectify the situation to give us a bit of breathing space before sorting something out with a company who can service it properly for us!

OK, no problem. Give Crimehalt a call when you are ready (if you want too of course) 01626 356217.

Guest disstressed
Normally Venture are very good, ask for Rachael or Nicola and im sure they will rectify it for you.

The 9800 is normally very reliable.

If the system hasn't been looked at since 92 then its needs a service asap.

Let us know how you get on.

Happy New Year!

on the old 9800 panels the standby battery must have a voltage above 12.5vdc.

the panel will reset if you exchange the old battery for a new one and make sure the panel is charging the new battery.

it was a default setting for the panel to not exit engineering on install if the battery was not fully charged. :yes:

Archived