Security Installer Community

How To Replace Xm6 Panel Without Setting Off Siren?

Guest RPM

Hi - I have recently moved into a house and inherited an ADE Optima XM6 panel which does not seem to work correctly. I have bought an ADE Compact G3 panel to replace the XM6 with, but ned the following help.

Obviously, as soon as I power down the XM6 or remove anywires, the tamper circuit kicks in and sets off the external siren. I dont have an engineers manual, but presume some sore of mode is needed to be able to silence everything whilst I swap the wires over to the new panel.

All/ any help appreciated!!

Richard (Stockport)

Not a good idea mate :huh:

*QFA.

You won't catch me up any ladders today. You might catch me working outside in a shed putting shelves up, but on a roof, no chance!

Hi - I have recently moved into a house and inherited an ADE Optima XM6 panel which does not seem to work correctly. I have bought an ADE Compact G3 panel to replace the XM6 with, but ned the following help.

Obviously, as soon as I power down the XM6 or remove anywires, the tamper circuit kicks in and sets off the external siren. I dont have an engineers manual, but presume some sore of mode is needed to be able to silence everything whilst I swap the wires over to the new panel.

Richard (Stockport)

As you're going to have to go up a ladder anyway, and don't have the siren manual.....

Why not buy a new siren with manual (and new battery) and fit it properly to your new alarm?

They're not expensive.

Richard (Stockport)

Why not temporary connect a battery to the +ve and -ve supply and to the hold off wire/wires from the siren.

UTC - The dawn of a new era !

As you're going to have to go up a ladder anyway, and don't have the siren manual.....

Why not buy a new siren with manual (and new battery) and fit it properly to your new alarm?

They're not expensive.

I actually did get a new siren, but was hoping to just fit the panel for the time being to replace the old non-working one. I was going to do the ladder thing in better weather.

Thanks for the help.

Why not temporary connect a battery to the +ve and -ve supply and to the hold off wire/wires from the siren.

Thanks Stal... Good Idea! What do you mean by the hold off wires? There are 6 wires going to the bell box; 2xStobe, 2xpower and 2 Tamper. How do I make the siren think the tamper is in place?

Archived