Security Installer Community

Premier 48

Guest elvis123

Guest elvis123

Need your help again, what is Masked withing the Permier 48 control panel? I have connected a couple of PIRs DT and Compact, the system diagnostics is reporting Masked. What does it mean? any help would be appriciated. Thanks

Haven't fitted any EN Premiers so haven't come across this but the Premier manual is the easiest manual in the world to fit an alarm system from. As a rule of thumb, if it looks like it's written in a foreign language then you shouldn't be fitting the system! If it has a section on masking in there, read it. I doubt it will be any less helpful then the rest of the 48 manual is.

I have a couple of questions to add to this thread as I have recently bought a Premier 48 and a Rokonet RK815DTG3 which has remote LED and Microwave disable. The Premier panel also requires AM detectors to respond to a remote test correctly to avoid an error when tested with the Wintex software, but the Rokonet detector doesn't have one of those inputs, it is based on the same Set input as for the Microwave control. I have set this up with custom options (e.g. for walk test, armed and remote test), but is there a better way?

I wondered if anyone had used these detectors with the Premier panel and kept all of the features. The other difficulty is that the detector requires high-level (12v) signalling for the options, whereas the panel outputs 0v, is it just normal practice to use relays here to provide the right signalling voltage for the detector.

Thank you,

Andrew

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

Elvis, as Mr Happy says, turn off antimasking on the zones(it comes set up as default).

Andrew, Texecom have set the panel up to work out of the box with their own detectors, I assume your installation is a DIY and not a Pro Grade 3, so why use these features, if we didnt have to we wouldnt.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest elvis123

Fixed, incorrect wiring to the PIR as I had been using 8 core to drive to two PIRs. :no:

Thanks breff, I have turned off anti-masking now. But, I would have though since all my PIRs are Texecom Premier DT and Compact, one would think anti-masking should be ok or I have completely missed the point?

The anti-masking feature is only available on the special grade 3 detector; they use I.R. or microwave to detect masking, and have a separate relay to communicate it to the panel. Texecom ones are signified by the AM suffix.

As Glenn said though, they are not really intended for domestic installs (and DIY), clever though.

Andrew

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

Archived