Security Installer Community

Xm6

Guest nerys

hi am about to move house and i have one of those xm6 panels - having read the problems previously i have the feeling mines similar. the 'light' circuit fuse blew and when i replaced it the panel lit up light a crimbo tree and froze me out of the panel. when i remove the power the battery last about thirty minutes. will removing the panel set the wall box if i need to replace the batt. cos i dont have any effing ladders. PLEASE advise....Nerys :cold2:

Yes removing mains and battery power to the panel should sound the external sounder.

You dont need a ladder to change the battery, simply switch the mains off, the external sounder will sound, open the panel remove the battery, close the panel. Switch the mains back on.

Buy a battery. Replacement is the same as above.

Howver you need to make sure that the charging circuit is not damaged and that the panel has not lost its programming.

If you are in anyway unsure i would suggest that you get an installer to do this for you, depending on your location I would expect to pay anywhere between

PLEASE advise....Nerys :cold2:

Advice as requested .......... making three [EDIT ... four!} posts on the same subject is not going to endear you to anyone here!

right - thanx :(

thanx very much - will try. i thought the wall box had a separate battery as i had one like that in a previous house. my neighbours work nights you see, but if i can do it that quick it shouldnt be too much trub. ;)

nerys

right - thanx :(

thanx very much - will try. i thought the wall box had a separate battery as i had one like that in a previous house. my neighbours work nights you see, but if i can do it that quick it shouldnt be too much trub. ;)

nerys

IT DOES and will make a noise while the alarm is powered down.

sorry to be a pain - with regard to the frozen panel...will this restore after replacement and will the external box stop when i restore power after batt. removal and if not how do i reset if now buttons work. i've read obout 'volatile memory' or something, how do i clear that on an mx6. i sound just like a blond sorry.

nerys

First thing IGNORE everything you have read elsewhere.

Get a new battery and fit it, providing the faulty battery has not damaged the system or the memory has been lost, changing the battery will solve the reported issue.

Your existing number should still work the system if it does not that try the default number 0123

If you are in anyway unsure i would suggest that you get an installer to do this for you, depending on your location I would expect to pay anywhere between

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived