Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 Remote Keypad

Guest kal

Hi

I wonder if somebody can help i have got a problem with the keypad on a veritas R8.

Last night the internal siren went off about 6.00am, thinking we had a intruder ran downstairs and discovered it was false alarm.

Tried to reset the alarm on the remote keypad none of the keys would work also the unsett and tamper lights were off although the back light on keypad was ok.

The only way to silence the internal siren was to take the battery out and turn off from mains,when i did this, by turn the power off the external siren went off, after 20 minutes that stopped .

I have had the battery checked and it is reading above 12.5v also the internal fuses in the main box are all ok, the external standby light that flashs on alarmbox outside has being flashing for over 15 hours which would indicate that the backup battery in alarmbox outside seems to be alright.

I was wondering weather remote keypad has had it!

Any help in the right direction would be appreicated.

Possible but if you have powered it back up and the keypad is still faulty then its more likely the panel has crashed and I suggest you replace the panel if you are electrically competent, or contact a local installer to do it for you and check the integrity of the rest of the system whilst he is there.

would that be the panel in the keypad or the main box

Try the original factory code when you power the system back up, the system may have lost its memory and is not recognising your code.

none of the keys on keypad work so unable to imput any codes

even after you power down and power up with the battery disconected?

just tried and no luck with keypad none of the keys work, backlight on and when i turned it off from the mains external siren went off for 20 minutes

Archived