Security Installer Community

Where To Buy Aritech Control Panels?

Guest Paul R

It does, why should you be able to buy a professional panel at a trade price? There are also a lot of incapable diyers who are unable to do a simple diy job. Apart from anything else its against the forum rules to list trade suppliers etc.

"Every week some 3,900 people are treated in hospital after DIY repairs go wrong and, according to the Department of Trade and Industry, 250,000 serious injuries relating to DIY work are reported every year" source Halifax General Insurance."

I didn't say I wanted it at a trade price. I just asked where to get them.

The previous helpful poster who suggested eBay was probably spot on as it seems the actual answer to my question is that you can't generally buy them unless you want to pay OTT for professional installation.

You can buy all sorts of dangerous things in the shops which you can easily kill yourself with if you don't know what you're doing - I don't see that alarms are anything special.

Guest Trulloman
Have you tried going direct to Aritech, give them a call. If they cant sell direct they will put you in touch with a supplier that can.

Please no trade info in the public forums Aritech wont sell direct to the public any way.

Since when has a phone number (which is freely available to everyone) classed as trade info?

Hence my point of Aritech giving details of a supllier that can. That being an installer!

The idea of helping in this forum is to point people in need in the right direction isn't?

Aritech have never sold diy panels and have never sold direct to the public, they control who can buy there products, pointing a member of the public in the direction of a trade only manufacturer is pointless, the only route open to the guy is to either by a secconhand one or to get his original installer back to sort out the problem.

If the guy has a problem with a panel that is widely available as a diy product then fine provide a link to the manufacturer, but if the product is a professional one you can only seek to build false hope for the DIY'r also if they are phoning the manufacturer help lines and your the engineer on the other line waiting to get through, are you going to be pleased and it takes longer to tell someone that you cant help them than it will to say you can.

Also if you fit Aritech panels for a living do you want the brand devalued by it being available to the public, how do you justify profit etc when the diyer can buy the panel at not much more than you at the local diy store or electrical wholesalers.

Also if you search on the forums you will see the number of people who have asked for help on this particular brand, the ones that don

Guest jrogers
Aritech have never sold diy panels and have never sold direct to the public, they control who can buy there products, pointing a member of the public in the direction of a trade only manufacturer is pointless, the only route open to the guy is to either by a secconhand one or to get his original installer back to sort out the problem.

If the guy has a problem with a panel that is widely available as a diy product then fine provide a link to the manufacturer, but if the product is a professional one you can only seek to build false hope for the DIY'r also if they are phoning the manufacturer help lines and your the engineer on the other line waiting to get through, are you going to be pleased and it takes longer to tell someone that you cant help them than it will to say you can.

Also if you fit Aritech panels for a living do you want the brand devalued by it being available to the public, how do you justify profit etc when the diyer can buy the panel at not much more than you at the local diy store or electrical wholesalers.

Also if you search on the forums you will see the number of people who have asked for help on this particular brand, the ones that don

Guest Trulloman

Paul R,

You are not going to get help buying one from here, as I pointed out Aritech could put you in touch with someone that can sort out your problem as no one has offered there services from here.

If you post the area you live in somebody may come forward that is willing to assist, but this will cost you their time and of course materials. It should only take him a few minutes to replace the keypad and will be able to give you a price before attending.

Paul R,

You are not going to get help buying one from here, as I pointed out Aritech could put you in touch with someone that can sort out your problem as no one has offered there services from here.

If you post the area you live in somebody may come forward that is willing to assist, but this will cost you their time and of course materials. It should only take him a few minutes to replace the keypad and will be able to give you a price before attending.

Ok then, thanks.

P

Guest jrogers
I take it you work for nothing every day?

Welcome to the forums and good see a nice well thought out reply as your first post.

thanks i actually work with computers and install them for people, but they are free to go out and buy them and mess them up completely if they want to

thanks i actually work with computers and install them for people, but they are free to go out and buy them and mess them up completely if they want to

So is anyone who has an alarm installed but there is a difference which is quite important. Messing with your PC is unlikely to keep the neighbours awake etc when its messed up.

Also a security system can be compromised with the knowledge provided by the engineers manual. Clearly it makes sense to not make available the engineers manuals to non security system engineers.

Mainframe computers wouldnt be available to Joe public, just as a professional system isnt available to the public direct from the manufacturer.

Archived