Security Installer Community

Veritas R8

Guest Andy Burgess

Guest Andy Burgess

Hi

I just installed a new panel after my old R8 took a lightning strike.

Should I set the system so that the new codes are non volatile?

Andy

Guest Andy Burgess

What I meant was this. Someone breaks in, straight to the loft pulls the power and battery, reconnects and types in the default user code?

Is that possible?

Andy

Locked in codes are usually only applicable to Engineer codes AFAIK, never seen any panels that have an option to lock in customer codes. Also as Pete says, all modern panels will have non volatile memory so should they get their power removed all the settings will stay in place and not be lost.

All alarm systems are susceptible to meddling with by intruders that have good knowledge of the principles of how they work, which is greatly why engineer manuals are now only available to bona fide engineer's on this site.

egg03064.gif

If there is a power outage the control panel battery will keep the alarm system ticking over till power returns. If someone delibrately tampers with the system and pulls the cover off, the alarm will sound... if they then disconnect both mains and battery the alarm will still sound as the bell box also have their own batteries.

On power up the Texecom systems will retain there information and will automatically go into an alarm condition unless reset with the code.

Hope this clears things up

D

Archived