Security Installer Community

Need An Installer To Reset My Galexy Adt Alarm System...

Guest pietch

Want to reset my //.National Installer.// alarm (don't know code and don't wont to pay //.National Installer.// any subscription).

I have cats, can the sensors be set to ignore them? Do I need new ones? What would it cost for this type of alarm?

The whole system is installed I just need a reset and possibly new PIR's?

Thanks all!

Want to reset my //.National Installer.// alarm (don't know code and don't wont to pay //.National Installer.// any subscription).

I have cats, can the sensors be set to ignore them? Do I need new ones? What would it cost for this type of alarm?

Thanks all!

You will still need the services of an engineer to reset the panel. Have you moved into a property with the alarm already in?

It is very unlikely that //.National Installer.// would have installed pet-immune detectors, so, no, the existing ones can't be adapted to ignore pets. How many cats do you have? Pet-immune detectors will only ignore animals up to a certain size, and also the detectors can't face staircases, so you may require some re-wiring.

Ideally you should take out a maintenance contract so that your system is serviced annually, and should anything go wrong you will have peace of mind that an engineer will attend within a short time frame.

You should call a local installer to get a quote.

Furthermore, in order to reduce the risk of false alarms it would be better to consider not allowing your pets free roam of the house, and not change all the detectors to pet-immune. Not ideal I am sure you think, but more secure.

Also, if the system was monitored before, and not now, you may not have an external siren, which if you have a bells only system is not ideal, cos no one will know the alarm is sounding, apart from your cats of course.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Zak,

He's asked the same question twice before and been given advice and some contact details of a local installer.

See HERE and HERE.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Zak,

He's asked the same question twice before and been given advice and some contact details of a local installer.

See HERE and HERE.

Regards

Bellman

:hmm: Just read the post. No wonder I didn't understand the title. :banned:

Thanks all!

Dude, have you actually spoken to an installation company as recommended by almost everybody else?

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived