Security Installer Community

New Pir

djrock

Hello, I need a new pir for my garage since the one at the moment causes false alarms every so often probably because of the temperature changes. I will be buying from one of these online retailers

http://www.alertelectrical.com/product_typ...s+%26+Detectors

http://www.gx-security.co.uk/burglar-alarm...aac787fde667650

Unless someone knows a place that sells pirs at a good price to trade/non alarm installer in Scotland?

I like the look of the Pyronix KX15DT from alert electrical . How good is it? Is there better ones on alert electrical or gx-security? What are the prices like from these retailers? Ok or rip off?? I don't want to spend more that 20-30 quid.

Thankyou :)

djrock

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello, I need a new pir for my garage since the one at the moment causes false alarms every so often probably because of the temperature changes. I will be buying from one of these online retailers

http://www.alertelectrical.com/product_typ...s+%26+Detectors

http://www.gx-security.co.uk/burglar-alarm...aac787fde667650

Unless someone knows a place that sells pirs at a good price to trade/non alarm installer in Scotland?

I like the look of the Pyronix KX15DT from alert electrical . How good is it? Is there better ones on alert electrical or gx-security? What are the prices like from these retailers? Ok or rip off?? I don't want to spend more that 20-30 quid.

Thankyou :)

djrock

My choice would be either of the following but remember that a garage can be an "unfriendly" environment for a movement sensor; consider, draughts, gaps giving access to rodents or birds - if you think that rodents might be a problem a Pet-friendly option or alternative detection might be wise:-

Optex DX40

Equinox 10

Rokonet Iwise

Hello, I never though about getting a pet wise one. Can you not set the dual tech pir to ignore small movement like a mouse? Is the Pyronix KX15DT better/newer than the Equinox 10?

Rjbsec is this list in an order of which is better?

Optex DX40

Equinox 10

Rokonet Iwise

Thankyou

djrock

Hello, I never though about getting a pet wise one. Can you not set the dual tech pir to ignore small movement like a mouse?

Not really - better to use a detector specifically designed to provide immunity to rodents.

Is the Pyronix KX15DT better/newer than the Equinox 10?

It is newer but my experience with both says Equinox 10 is more stable.

Rjbsec is this list in an order of which is better?

Optex DX40

Equinox 10

Rokonet Iwise

Yes it is but remember they are not specifically "pet-friendly"and as good as they are they may falter in a garage that is in poor general condition and where rodents may be a factor. Both Equinox and Rokonet Iwise are available in "pet friendly" if required.

We get mice every so often but we are going to block the door gap where we think they can get in. Our garage is in fighting fit condition :bruce_h4h: . The Equinox 10 from gx-security appears to not be a pet friendly version. Is there somewhere else that i can get it and what will the price roughtly be? I don't want to spend too much.

Thankyou

djrock

We get mice every so often but we are going to block the door gap where we think they can get in. Our garage is in fighting fit condition :bruce_h4h: . The Equinox 10 from gx-security appears to not be a pet friendly version. Is there somewhere else that i can get it and what will the price roughtly be. I don't want to spend too much.

Thankyou

djrock

Pet friendly detectors are usually just a few pounds more than the standard ones. If you are sealing up most gaps you probably don't need a pet-immune detector. If you do go for a pet-immune detector make sure it is a dualtec as well (for your garage I mean)

Dualtecs have two detection elements in them: passive infrared and microwave. Both elements need to detect movement before the detector goes into alarm. The only adjustments are pulse count on the PIR and range on the microwave (so that it doesn't see through the garage door/wall etc.)

We get mice

djrock

Or get a pet-immune dualtec AND a cat :)

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

I prefer to go after them with a sledge hammer more fun :D . Unless mice can get through brick walls the only way in i think is though the big door for a car.

We get mice every so often but we are going to block the door gap where we think they can get in. Our garage is in fighting fit condition :bruce_h4h: . The Equinox 10 from gx-security appears to not be a pet friendly version. Is there somewhere else that i can get it and what will the price roughtly be? I don't want to spend too much.

Thankyou

djrock

Probably only from a trade distibutor so thay may present a problem - if you are sure that a movement sensor is the best option for you then the Rokonet Iwise Pet friendly will probably suit your needs.

A dualtech movement sensor is the best option but i will have to think about if it needs to be a pet wise one since theres only one gap big enough and long which is the door to allow a car in where they can get in. So we will be doing something to block it.

thankyou

djrock

Archived